Passport stamps in Carribean

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can have your passport stamped in the ports in the Carribean.

When we travelled the south pacific earlier this year there were stalls on the islands we stopped at that for a small sum you could get your passport stamped.

Just wondering if the same happened in the Carribean ports we will be stopping at.

Eileen

I have to say that I've never seen anything like that on the islands I've been to. The only Caribbean stamps my passport ever accumulated were when I flew into an island, not alighting on one from a cruise (sadly, since I love seeing all those stamps & visas in my passport!). But maybe someone else has?

I would contact the official tourism board through their websites...just google them

ask them the question and they will tell where to go to receive your stamps, the hours of operation...etc. etc.

i wouldnt wait until later in the day...they might close up shop early...

because people are island time, not the time posted :)

I must say when we were on our South Pacific cruise

I was THRILLED to get a Christmas Island stamp

I just checked my passport, and I've managed to get stamps in:

Antigua & Barbuda (just outside the port)

Barbados (souvenir stamp) (right at the port)

Guatemala (right at the port, as I recall)

+ some European

It looks like I really haven't managed to get many - but I didn't try at all on our first cruise, and a couple of the others I got really busy in the port.

We have not gotten our passports stamped in Europe since Amsterdam in 2002. I have a feeling that if someone is admitted who should not have been the Customs officers do not want their numbers on the passports.In 2005 we entered at Paris, no stamp, & left from Madrid. We asked the Immigration Officer for an exit visa & he got FURIOUS & threatened to arrest us for being in the country illegally. I trust the Caribbean authorities are friendlier.

Steve

Edited by skf

We have not gotten our passports stamped in Europe since Amsterdam in 2002. I have a feeling that if someone is admitted who should not have been the Customs officers do not want their numbers on the passports.In 2005 we entered at Paris, no stamp, & left from Madrid. We asked the Immigration Officer for an exit visa & he got FURIOUS & threatened to arrest us for being in the country illegally. I trust the Caribbean authorities are friendlier.

Steve

WOW, I just wanted them as a momento! Used to be everywhere you went you got a stamp, now you don't. It's a shame because the stamps bring back lovely memories.

WOW' date=' I just wanted them as a momento! Used to be everywhere you went you got a stamp, now you don't. It's a shame because the stamps bring back lovely memories.[/quote']

I agree that it's a shame. My previous passport needed extra pages because I ran out of room, and it is probably the best souvenir I have of the travels I've done. In fact, I was organizing files just last week and spent a pleasant 30 minutes looking back through the passport, checking out the dates and the stamps, and remembering the trips. My current passport, just over a year old, has yet to get a single stamp. But it sure has been scanned, scrutinized and examined with some kind of eyescope a lot.

I have to say that I've never seen anything like that on the islands I've been to. The only Caribbean stamps my passport ever accumulated were when I flew into an island, not alighting on one from a cruise (sadly, since I love seeing all those stamps & visas in my passport!). But maybe someone else has?

Some ports have a place to get a stamp, but they are not real border control stamps. They are tourism bureau stamps that let you know you were in a certain country. I recently got one of these when I was in Guatemala. I also got some a few years ago at a Chilean base in Antarctica.

• 1 month later...
I just checked my passport, and I've managed to get stamps in:

Antigua & Barbuda (just outside the port)

Barbados (souvenir stamp) (right at the port)

Guatemala (right at the port, as I recall)

+ some European

It looks like I really haven't managed to get many - but I didn't try at all on our first cruise, and a couple of the others I got really busy in the port.

Where in Antigua? We're about to book a cruise which stops there. (Yes, it's my turn to ask the passport stamp question! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Where in Antigua? We're about to book a cruise which stops there. (Yes, it's my turn to ask the passport stamp question! ;)

Sorry - haven't been back to the board in ages. In Antigua, there's a little passport office just outside the exit of the pier - it was pretty clearly marked. I think it might be very near to a Subway. But, it's a small office just to the right as you exit - can't really miss it.

Yes Maam,

Even in Grand Cayman ( .GC is the TLD ) is a place called Hell. I have been to Hell and back a few times..

;)

When also in Ports of Call ask and prior so you know what, where, when and how....

:cool:

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can have your passport stamped in the ports in the Carribean.

When we travelled the south pacific earlier this year there were stalls on the islands we stopped at that for a small sum you could get your passport stamped.

Just wondering if the same happened in the Carribean ports we will be stopping at.

Eileen

• 5 years later...

Agree that passport stamps make memorable souvenirs. they can be found at most non-US ports in the Caribbean you just have to ask for Customs and immigration office. It's usually no more than a 5 minute walk from the cruise pier. They are free of charge and official, not souvenir stamps. if you have to pay, they are souvenir stamps and might be a bit more graphic or colorful. Same in Europe esp at the smaller countries, usually at the main tourist office. Some places that are UNESCO world heritage sites also have passport stamps such as the Galapagos islands and Machu Picchu. Over the years we have collected many :) stamps in our passports that bring back wonderful travel memories.