Dell Mini 9 question

Iamcruzin

For those of you who have the Dell Mini 9 laptop does it fit in the room safe?

Thanks

I can't say for sure, but mine fit in the safe on the NCL Star and they seemed to have about the same size safe. (Also fit in small hotel room safe.)

For those of you who have the Dell Mini 9 laptop does it fit in the room safe?
I think it would be tight but would probably fit. I know people who have put a Mac notebook in the safe. If it were me and I were concerned about security, I'd put it in my carryon in the closet and secure it with a lock. I just leave mine out on the desk.

I am bringing my Dell netbook on my cruise.

Would be interesting to know if it fits or not.

I am sure the Purser would hold it just in case it doesn't fit in the safe.

Also, there is a product on the market called Netbook Security Locks which keeps your PC safe.

I fit my Dell Mini 9 in the safe on Norwegian Jade a few weeks ago (in its soft sided case with room to spare) and I agree with emtowle that the safe seemed a comparable size to Princess. It was my first experience traveling with a computer of any kind and it was so great!!

I can't say I've heard of any laptop issues, but I have heard of a passenger who left her cell phone out who found mysterious international calls billed to it when she got home. This was NOT on Princess. I lock my cell phone in the safe too. :D

Will be interested to hear if the notebook fits in the Princess safe because we'll be sailing on Crown in a few months!

Thanks everyone for your replies. I am more concerned about an accident happening when cleaning the stateroom than I am of thief. I don’t like to leave any unnecessary things out because I know what a pain it is to have to move them off tables and counters before you can clean. I also like to keep all of my valuable items together so I don’t lose them or leave them behind.

I brought my Dell mini on our 1/2009 cruise on the Ruby and it fit easily in the safe. But....I always kept it on the desk. They really don't clean that off much since it's usually full of personal items. By the way, it worked perfectly on the balcony.

I have a full size laptop, so the safe is not an option. What I did on my last cruise was to put the laptop away in its case and put the case underneath the desk next to the legs of the chair. It was not really hidden, nor was it locked up. But it was out of the way when not in use and especially when the steward needed to clean. Never had a problem.

If you are concerned, and it won't fit in the safe, just put it in your suitcase, lock your suitcase, and slip the suitcase under the bed or wherever. It will be fine.

• 3 weeks later...
I guess I am too trusting. I left mine on the desk for my 2 wk b2b cruise on the Ruby and never had a problem. I have never had anything missing from my cabin and I have been on quite a few cruises.

I have a old 12" Dell "traveler" that fits nicely in the desk drawer. I like it as it keeps it all things together, easy to pull out and easy to put away. Then my wife can have the desk to do her makeup and get ready for dinner.

A Dell Mini is on the way for her and will probably be our new "traveler" as it has much more disk space for picture downloading.

I brought my Dell mini on our 1/2009 cruise on the Ruby and it fit easily in the safe. But....I always kept it on the desk. They really don't clean that off much since it's usually full of personal items. By the way, it worked perfectly on the balcony.
I brought mine on my Sapphire cruise last week and kept it in it's case in the nightstand shelf next to the desk.

I have a 17" Dell (yes I want a mini for my next cruise) and I keep it in the carrying case, set it beside the fridge and cable lock it to that decorative bar around the top of the fridge counter. Not really worried about theft, but it is a PC from work and policy says keep it locked when unattended -- just doing my due diligence.

Archived