price reduction on azamara cruises

sunnysideup5

Hi Kathy,

You don't have to change cabins to get the new prices. Our friends received a further $200 per person last week and stayed in their same cabin. Just have her check with Azamara to see if YOUR cabin has gone down in price. Some TA's don't want to lose some of their commission.

See you in Copenhagen.

Sheila

X has a website where deals are posted on tuesdays

does Az hav the same? if so does anyone know the address??

tx

No, Azamara hasn't yet started doing "Happy Hour" specials.

Hi Kathy,

You don't have to change cabins to get the new prices. Our friends received a further $200 per person last week and stayed in their same cabin. Just have her check with Azamara to see if YOUR cabin has gone down in price. Some TA's don't want to lose some of their commission.

See you in Copenhagen.

Sheila

Sometimes the fare for guarantee cabins in your category can drop more than once, representing savings of over $1500. If you selected a specific cabin, you sort of have to sit and cheer on everyone as they accrue $1000 refunds at a shot for a guarantee cabin that will be right next to yours.:eek:

I suspect for each passenger who falls in love with A for their refund, they get at least one, shall we say, unhappy camper.

I for one will not debate the profound wisdom of the honchos over at RCCL. There is always another day, and another cruise...and passengers do have appropriately long memories.

What does surprise me is the odd policy re: upgrades. If the ship sails with unsold cabins in higher categories than the one you have booked, it appears the policy is to let them sail empty rather than upgrade you. To upgrade would more than ameliorate, it would eliminate any bad feelings pax might harbor if they get caught in the above situation.

Then again, perhaps I am wrong, maybe the folks who buy lower level guarantee cabins get them.

As someone said, you have to keep an eye on prices everyday and my advice would be under all circumstances to buy a guarantee cabin if available, regardless of how hard a cruise counselor or travel agent may try to move you in a different direction. As long as the guarantee is in a level you can live with, it appears to me to be the best situation.

Smooth sailing to you

Have read somewhere that some people (I think they were American) have been given a refund on the amount they have paid for their cruise due to a reduction in the price. Does anyone know whether the same would apply to the British? Has there been a reduction in the price and if so how do I go about getting my refund? Thanks.

I am on the Best of Italy cruise and the roll call members have been getting substantial discounts!! I've tried, my SS grade was reduced but as I had a package cruise and flights I couldnt have it!!!!So although RCCC do honor price drops(!!) you have to slot into the price package at the prevailing time!!! Seems to me that if you book a cruise only/guarantee grade you might JUST get somewhere. Or move to America!!

I am on the Best of Italy cruise and the roll call members have been getting substantial discounts!! I've tried, my SS grade was reduced but as I had a package cruise and flights I couldnt have it!!!!So although RCCC do honor price drops(!!) you have to slot into the price package at the prevailing time!!! Seems to me that if you book a cruise only/guarantee grade you might JUST get somewhere. Or move to America!!

Forgive me for questioning your decision, but why in the world would you sign up for a cruise package with flights for a European cruise when you live in the UK? I can sort of see that for people requiring transatlantic (or trans-whatever ocean)flights if they cannot get a better airfare than the cruise line can offer.

You could easily arrange your own flights (&hotels) for a lot less.

Please help me understand your reasoning.

yes we can get a lot cheaper air fares to europe,but have you ever flown ryan air from london bournemouth to an air port that might be in the same country that you want to vist,so if you want a good direct flight on the day you want you are stuck with good old BA or easy jet at a push but dont take any luggage cause it will cost you more.We often get specials fly to Rome for a £ but by the time taxes etc are added its not a lot cheaper the same for some hotels So we tend to take packages also the low cost lines are masters at cancelling flights at last minute or moving till another day :D:):)

Hello maryann ns,

I am here in Halifax! Small world. Where are you in N.S.?

I looked at the page you received and I was wondering when you received it and for what categories it applies; also, does it have a deadline? I did not see a date on the page.

April 1, there was a significant drop in the price of a guaranteed balcony (about $425 CA). The cost of our Best of Italy cruise became amazingly affordable, considering we chose to go on an impulse! If I can get an even better price, I'll talk again to my TA!

Enjoy your trip in November; we sailed on AZ last October in the Mediterranean (on Journey) and loved our experience.

Sylvain

X has a website where deals are posted on tuesdays does Az hav the same? if so does anyone know the address??

While I'm not sure it's updated everyweek, it is updated regularly with specials - if you go on Az main page, there's a box at the bottom 'Amazing Values'.

Right now, they have a promo for pre-paid gratuity and prices have also dropped on many sailings.

I booked about a month ago for the Quest Oct. 31 to the Med - got both the reduction on the cabin AND the pre-paid gratuity when I called today!!

MC

Forgive me for questioning your decision, but why in the world would you sign up for a cruise package with flights for a European cruise when you live in the UK? I can sort of see that for people requiring transatlantic (or trans-whatever ocean)flights if they cannot get a better airfare than the cruise line can offer.

You could easily arrange your own flights (&hotels) for a lot less.

Please help me understand your reasoning.

Gosport11 says it all! We also prefer for the cruise line to take the stress, so if anything goes wrong they have to put it right! In fact last year we took a May cruise which was due to sail at 8pm from Civitaveccia, the flight was delayed by several hours and we arrived at the port at 2am!! They would NOT have waited if we had done our own thing.

Hello maryann ns,

I am here in Halifax! Small world. Where are you in N.S.?

I looked at the page you received and I was wondering when you received it and for what categories it applies; also, does it have a deadline? I did not see a date on the page.

Hi Silvain:

I am in Cumberland County.

I think that email was sent before the April 27 reductions.

Gosport11 says it all! We also prefer for the cruise line to take the stress, so if anything goes wrong they have to put it right! In fact last year we took a May cruise which was due to sail at 8pm from Civitaveccia, the flight was delayed by several hours and we arrived at the port at 2am!! They would NOT have waited if we had done our own thing.

Do as you wish (and pay the price).

BA alone has flights from London to Rome at 7:10, 8:00 & 9:15, anyone of which would have arrived to Rome in plenty of time even with 6 hour delays (which would be most unusual). It just takes a little planning.

But I understand your reasoning - you don't want any responsibility.

Thank you.

Thanks Marie-Claude for the heads-up. I already had my cabin reduction, but just called Axamara and I will get the pre-paid gratuities too. This is in addition to the OBCredit I got when I booked in March. They sure seem good to deal with!

Keep checking their website!

Post this on the Cruise Air board. I don't think this guarantees that the ship will wait for you.

Post this on the Cruise Air board. I don't think this guarantees that the ship will wait for you.

In this case the plane was chartered by the cruise Company. Otherwise you have a point!

In this case the plane was chartered by the cruise Company. Otherwise you have a point!

And I agree with you on this. For Antarctica we took the chartered air with A&K from BA and it was no worries all the way (plus received boarding passes at the hotel). Both the Swan Hellenic passengers (lots from Australia) and North American were all on the same flight with few exceptions.

We are already booked on the Athens-Istanbul cruise 7/02/2010. I just checked for any price changes and the Azamara site shows that cruise and the one following as completely "sold out". Does this mean they are doing a price adjustment? I know those cruises are not really sold out.

We are already booked on the Athens-Istanbul cruise 7/02/2010. I just checked for any price changes and the Azamara site shows that cruise and the one following as completely "sold out". Does this mean they are doing a price adjustment? I know those cruises are not really sold out.

They usually don't take out all the inventory for a refare, they just add a new rate category. It's possible Azamara's system was temporarily down... or one of the other possibilities is that they're negotiating a charter for those sailings.

You might want to have your agent contact Azamara to see if there are any pending changes at this time.

Archived