Excursions

Carol From California

We booked Regent Seven Seas Mariner Cruise August 5, Seward-Vancouver. So far I have booked the following excursions:

Sitka: Ocean Raft Adventures in morning and Sea Otter and Wildlife Quest in the afternoon (both are free).

Tracy Arm/Juneau: Tracy Arm excursion in morning and Dog Sledding on the Mendenhall Glacier in the afteroon. Tracy Arm excursion is $39/person and dog sledding is $299/person.

Skagway: No excursions booked yet. Considering the following: Eagle Preserve Float Adventure and Cruise (free), Klondige Adventure Park & Zip Lines (free), White Pass Scenic Railroad (free) and Wildlife Safari (free).

Ketchikan: No excursions booked yet. Considering the following: Neets Bay Bear Watch by Floatplane ($149/person), Mountain Peak Flight Seeing & Crab Feast ($39/person) and Canopy Aventure ($39/person).

Regent may be more expensive than a lot of the other cruise lines but we liked the free or greatly reduced prices on the excursions they are offering. They also include all tips, liquor, wine, soft drinks and all cabins are suites with balconies. Besides that we got $900 onboard credit.

Any comments or suggestions on what we have planned or what "not to miss" would be appreciated.

You are peak for Neets. IF you wish to see black bears this is a great tour.

It isn't a "may" be more expensive with Regent, it is. :) Especially this year when cruises can be had in the $500-600pp range for the majors. :) You have a very nice selection of tours available to you, and certainly looks like you have chosen some winners. Have a great time.

Yukon...This is the description of the excursion from the Regent Website:

Depart the pier for a narrated drive through historic downtown Skagway, and up the Klondike Highway. From the highway, a stop will be made for a brief nature hike to the spectacular Adventure Park. Upon arrival, your guides will provide you with your safety instructions and outfit you with state-of-the-art safety equipment.

Next, you will commence your thrilling zipline experience. You will walk the raised balance beams, cross the suspension bridges and fly through the air on a series of ziplines. Your heart will be pumping as you prepare yourself for the free-fall start of the Walk the Plank zipline that zooms through the treetops high above the ground. This memorable zipline experience is ideally-suited for guests of all abilities, and offers breathtaking mountain views and excitement as you effortlessly soar through the air. At the conclusion of the tour, you will re-board your van for the return drive to the pier.

Are you sure it's not built yet? Thanks!

Are you sure it's not built yet? Thanks!

Yes I am sure - I even stopped in at the Skagway Chamber of Commerce office. Nobody I've talked to knows who this is or where it's going to be built. My guess is that it's going to be at the Suspension Bridge - they have a good site for it and have to do something to get people to stop there.

Archived