Newbie Question??

kellymonster23

Hey Everyone,

I'm leaving on my first cruise in less than 10 days!!!!! :D I have a question about the food. I know that meals are already paid and that alcohol is not paid for, but is put on the seapass card. Also I understand that you can purchase a soda card or buy soda by the can. My question is...is there a place to just get a bag of chips or a candy bar if you're hungry for just a little snack or need a chocolate fix? Any help would be appreciated!!!! Thanks!!!!!

I have never been hungry onboard a ship. There is a buffet that runs usually 24 hours. Then there is room service in your cabin for free - sandwiches, hamburgers, deserts, cookies. On the lido deck there is Ice Cream (sometimes costing extra), pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers by the pool. Plus all the restaurant options - some free and some with an extra surcharge.

I think you could buy a bag of chips or a chocolate bar from the shops on board. I often crave those items at home, but with all the free available food I have never even looked for it on a cruise!

Have a great cruise!

You will be fine. There are places you can get food as often as you want. You can buy chips and candy in the general store. I have been guilty of buying chips in the store to have munchies in the stateroom. But usually, we will just grab a slice of pizza or dessert for snacks. On my last carnival cruise, I think I gained weight mostly from the two slices of pizza I would get before bed each night :D

We're in the group that finds so much food on board that it never crossed our mind to have a bag of snacks. But, yes there are snacks and candies available in the shops.

Room service is 24/7. But on RC there is a service fee of $3.95 for late night deliveries (between midnight and 5AM I believe).

Charlie

Archived