Favorite Food, Desserts and drinks

rickcherryb

We will be taking a cruise on the Carnival Spirit in November and wanted to start a thread on past Carnival cruiser's favorite food, desserts and drinks. We had gone on a Princess cruise last year, and the Princess board had this thread and was very helpful. Thanks.

We will be taking a cruise on the Carnival Spirit in November and wanted to start a thread on past Carnival cruiser's favorite food, desserts and drinks. We had gone on a Princess cruise last year, and the Princess board had this thread and was very helpful. Thanks.

OK, absolutely no answer here for you but I am very interested in the answers! I'm a first time Carnival cruiser and I'd love to hear what the 'regulars' have to say :)

Miriam (who is very excited about her first Carnival cruise BTW)

Warm Chocolate Melting cake is the DEAL!!!

also they had some wraps on the room service menu that was spinich tortillas or something...they were awesome too!

i hope you have a great time on your cruise! Carnival is pretty great!

Definitely the "kiss on the lips' or mango daiquiri are to die for....

My Favorites:

-warm chocolate melting cake (with cappuccino on the side)

-one night they serve these short ribs (with mashed potatoes) - delish

-anything with smoked salmon (esp the finger sandwiches served during tea time)

-fliet mignon

-sweet and sour shrimp

-cookies/brownies from room service

And do try the supper club if there is one on your ship - well worthe the $30 surcharge!

Have fun

I loved the dessert called 'Burre and Blanc' (spelling?) it's like a bread pudding but it was awesome! I love to try new things on a cruise, and anyway if you don't care for it (or even if you do) you can always get two different desserts, or entrees, or....!

I also like the cheeseburgers and french fries at the lido deck grill in the afternoons and the made-to-order omeletts in the lido buffet...geez my spelling is bad today....thinking about all the great Carnival food is getting me all flustered.:p

We really like the Eggs Benedict at breakfast in the Dining Room as well as the bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon.

Sushi is OK, but is fun!

Starters at dinner:

• Caesar Salad pretty good
  • West Indian Roasted Pumpkin Soup was really good
  • Wilted Spinach and Portobello Mushrooms with Fresh Bacon Bits was nice too.
  • Wild Mushroom Cream Soup - excellent!
  • Escargots Bourguignonne if you like that kind of thing! :D

Entrees at dinner:

• The lobster was OK but the shrimp that came with it were really good.
  • Prime Rib was good too.
  • Rack of New Zealand Spring Lamb Dijonnaise was excellent. :D
  • The Jerked Pork Loin was also excellent. :D
  • Chateaubriand with Sauce Béarnaise was also excellent.
  • Veal Parmigiana was surprisingly also excellent!
  • Filet mignon was delicious and cooked to perfection!

The two of us always ordered a 3rd entree to split. So we tried and ate a lot of food!

Outstanding Desserts

• Bitter And Blanc (bread pudding)
  • Tiramisu (it was the best I've ever has anywhere)
  • Grand Marnier Soufflé.
  • Chocolate melting cake on other nights. On the Valor it came with two little cups of vanilla ice cream, but one on the Victory until we asked for 2!
  • Cappuccino to finish off the meal.

The Taste of Nations buffet offerings were also very good at lunch time.

Pizza - De Chevre - wild mushrooms and goat cheese! To Die For! Problem is when can you squeeze in pizza :confused:??

The non-dining room things I liked were the goat cheese pizza (really really good) and the fries. Burger was so-so but fries were hot and crunchy. Yum.

The lobster bisque as served in the Supper Club was fantastic. Not quite as good in the MDR, but still good.

I generally liked the appetizers more than the entrees; they were more interesting to me.

The Mongolian BBQ on the Lido deck was OUTSTANDING. I think I had it for 5 straight nights on the last cruise. I would have had it for lunch as well if they had offered it.

I don't believe that the Spirit has this....

In the main dining room my favorite entrees are both the stuffed quail (outrageously delicious!) and the baby lamb chops (to die for!).

In the supper club I always have the same thing...french onion soup & filet mignon. The trio of chocolate dessert is sensational.

The hamburgers & cheeseburgers by the pool are really, really good. With sauteed onions. Yum Yum. :D.

Favorite Food, Reubens from the Deli. DELISH!!!

Favorite Dessert? Either the Tiramisu, or the Creme Brulee

Favorite Drink? Either the DOD or the Miami Vice

Quick tip, if your ship has the Supper Club on it. ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY GO!!! IT IS WORTH FAR MORE THAN THE $30pp YOU SPEND. Fantastic!!!!

The Mongolian BBQ on the Lido deck was OUTSTANDING. I think I had it for 5 straight nights on the last cruise. I would have had it for lunch as well if they had offered it.

I thought they only had the Mongolian BBQ for lunch! They have it during the dinner hour? Is it in the buffet area?

I love, love, love that raspberry/chocolate frozen cake dessert. Don't know what it's called, but it was delicious!!! I'm one of few who wasn't crazy about the chocolate melting cake - it just tasted like cake that was raw in the middle to me! :o

Favorite food, the pizza is very good. The Deli is very good too. Corned Beef sandwhich. The Chateau Briand is very good, but, they may not offer it on every cruise. As far as desserts go Chocolate Melting Cake has to be tops. But, I wouldn't have it every time it is offered. Depends on what my main course is. Grilled Salmon is very good too. That certainly is one of my favorites.

Archived