Freedom of the seas stateroom dilemma

kken67

Just a little advice needed from you all. Have a D1 hump cabin booked for upcoming cruise but could swap to an E1 aft corner cabin. Agonising over this as i have heard E1 aft corner balconies are the best. What do you lot think?

I would definitely switch to the aft cabin, very large balcony. We currently have a hump cabin booked on the Freedom for our upcoming cruise and if an aft became available I would switch it immediately. I love having the larger balcony with our very own lounge chairs.

Just a little advice needed from you all. Have a D1 hump cabin booked for upcoming cruise but could swap to an E1 aft corner cabin. Agonising over this as i have heard E1 aft corner balconies are the best. What do you lot think?

Been there, done that. I would never book an aft cabin. The humps are the best!!!!

If you have an aft, yes you will have a larger balcony.

But

Every time you want to go to a show, you have to walk the whole length of the ship

Every time you want to go to your cabin from the show, you have to walk the whole length of the ship

Every time you want to go to the solarium, you have to walk the whole length of the ship

Every time you want to go to the windjammer you have to walk right by your hump cabin to get there.

You get the idea.

I'm a walking person and rarely take the elevator anywhere, but no afts for me.

You will get all kinds of replies to this. It´s all about your preference. I don´t care for the aft. cabins and try to be as far midships as I can. I wouldn´t even give up a non-hump cabin, that is close to the hump for an aft.

I agree with the hump cabin! So very convenient! There's only ever 2 of us, so the balcony is more than ample---I HATE that loooong hallway, as I tend to run back and forth multiple times a day...a hump is just so much easier!

I have never been aft on a RCI ship, but I did choose an Aft on the Oosterdam because it offered such a large balcony. Even though it was a much farther walk to everything, I felt it was worth it since the balcony was triple the size it would have been mid ship.

However, my last two sailings I have been right at mid-ship and I definitly like that better. It is much quicker to get to everything on the ship. I am not opposed to walking, but it is nice to be close.

Thanks everyone for your opinions, actually got taken out of my hands by hubby. One of the reasons he booked the hump was motion re being midship and mid floor is better for him. He says if he was watching the horizon aft he thinks it would make him feel sick. Guess its more convenient but wouldnt have been bothered by the walk either if we had changed.

Thanks for your help

Archived