Is this cutting it too close?

I wanted to catch a 10:32 plane from PHL to arrive at Orlando at 1 p.m.

I'm catching the Mariner at Port Canaveral, that leaves port at 5 p.m.

In your experience, is this cutting it too close?

I fully intend on booking travel insurance, but wanted to see what you guys had to say!

If it were me, I would go in the day before. I don't know for sure, but to me, I would not cut it that close. Figure by the time you get off the plane that lands at 1, get your bags, get a cab or whatever----not worth the headache....just my opinion

If it were me, I would go in the day before. I don't know for sure, but to me, I would not cut it that close. Figure by the time you get off the plane that lands at 1, get your bags, get a cab or whatever----not worth the headache....just my opinion

I would love to, but it's our wedding night, and the last flight out of Philadelphia is at 8 p.m. - right in the middle of our wedding reception. So, Sunday is our only option...

First of all, CONGRADULATIONS:D :D on your upcoming wedding:) .May God Bless you both !!

Would it be possible to catch an earlier flight that morning ?? Maybe do a RED-EYE the night of the wedding ?? After such a hectic day anyway, I know a red-eye sounds like cruel & unusual punishment- but look at it this way,you've got the rest of your life to sleep;) ;) .

We have run into the same situation as you, for our May honeymoon cruise.

We decided to take a red-eye (well, departing at 9:30 p.m. and arrving at 1:00 a.m.) and staying the night at the Hyatt Orlando Airport. We'll think take a towncar service to the pier the next morning.

What time do you all think we should arrive at Mariner? Is 11 a.m. too early? Is noon too hectic?

Thanks everyone!

There's no red eyes out of Philly :(

Only a 7 a.m. flight (meaning we'd have to be out of the hotel by 4 a.m.) and the one I'm asking about...

The latest flight out of Philly the night before is 7:10 p.m.

Wait! Found a U.S. Airways leaving at 9 p.m.! Let's see if this works, and if I can cancel our hotel for a new one in Orlando!

Anyone know of good hotels in Orlando that do something special for your wedding night? The one in Philly gives you chocolate covered strawberries, and breakfest the next morning.

I can't recommend a particular hotel (I used to live near the port - just never read the names). However, I would recommend staying closer to the port than Orlando. Like in Port Canaveral, Cocoa Beach area. You would probably be staying in a hotel right on the beach. They have some great beachfront resturants, etc. Also, most hotels will try to do something for honeymooners, just call around and see what they do. Orlando is going to cater more to families. Plus, you won't have an hour plus drive to the Port in the Morning as most hotels in that area will take you for free (check in advance).

HTH

We did that our FIRST cruise. It's now on our list of things we'll never do again. We flew into FLL arriving at 10:00am for a cruise leaving Miami at 5:00pm, just 17 little minutes away... we almost missed the ship!! We were tired and stressed by the time we got there and the whole first day was ruined. There's just too much that can go wrong.

My personal vote is BIG MISTAKE, but that's just me.

BTW, Congrats!:D

first take a deep nreathe and relax it will all work out... Now here is a little info that may help

Orlando airport is a staright shot to the port 45minutes tops even in traffic no more than an hour..(i do it in 30 minutes from the port regularly) if there is no major delays you would be able to make it to the port no problems! but... younever know about delays...so if you could make an earlier flight go for it.

2nd their is a wonderful little "inn" on cocoa beach that would be perfect for you guys to stay at it is called The INN at cocoa beach and it is wonderful here is their websight www.theinatcocoabeach.com hope it all works out and congratulations!

I just hope nothing goes wrong. Our flight was delayed. Our connecting flight was delayed. The car rental place lost our resurvation. Once we finally got a car, they gave us wrong directions to the drop off location. After 3 hours of driving around and trying to call the location for directions (they kept transfering us back to the 800 number...) we finally found the place, only to find out that that was no longer the drop off location that had shuttle service to the pier. So it's off to another location with bad directions AGAIN and doing the OJ Simpson to the dock 30 minutes before the ship departs. Whew!

BTW, RCCL would have dropped our resurvation for not being there 1 hour before departure, this was CCL.

We go the day before now.

I would make life easy on yourself and just stay at the Airport Hyatt in Orlando. It's attached to the airport.

The other option is to stay at the Marriott at MCO (attached to the airport) and take an early flight.

If it were me, I'd fly in the night before to be on the safe side. In all honesty, you'll be so tired you won't even care about chocolate strawberries.

Anne

I agree with most everyone else, if you can get there the day before, do that. It's not worth the stress of worrying about delays, cancellations, etc. You'll be stressed enough that week preparing for your big day.

Good luck

Your cruise is 5 months out and your considering USAir? You have more guts than I do with that one. USAir could easily be out of the air by then and, since they are already in chapter 11, is questionable as to whether you'd get anything back from your CC company if they did go belly up.

Have you considered other airports around Philly? I've been known to drive 3 hours north to Kansas City when I have to. We have a trip to Barcelona and the airfare was $300 PP cheaper out of KC with much better flight times than in my hometown, Wichita KS.

Your cruise is 5 months out and your considering USAir? You have more guts than I do with that one. USAir could easily be out of the air by then and, since they are already in chapter 11, is questionable as to whether you'd get anything back from your CC company if they did go belly up.

Have you considered other airports around Philly? I've been known to drive 3 hours north to Kansas City when I have to. We have a trip to Barcelona and the airfare was $300 PP cheaper out of KC with much better flight times than in my hometown, Wichita KS.

I have three hours to get to the latest flight out of any nearby airport, two of which I have to be checked into. I think the last thing I'd do is travel that far for a plane ride on my wedding night, especially when it's the same price. :rolleyes:

first take a deep nreathe and relax it will all work out... Now here is a little info that may help

Orlando airport is a staright shot to the port 45minutes tops even in traffic no more than an hour..(i do it in 30 minutes from the port regularly) if there is no major delays you would be able to make it to the port no problems! but... younever know about delays...so if you could make an earlier flight go for it.

2nd their is a wonderful little "inn" on cocoa beach that would be perfect for you guys to stay at it is called The INN at cocoa beach and it is wonderful here is their websight www.theinatcocoabeach.com hope it all works out and congratulations!

I think that's just what we might do..thanks so much for the link!

The Inn is a really nice place and I would have loved to have stayed there for my honeymoon. Let me know if i can help in any way or answer any more questions...

Thanks so much for that link. The future hubby really likes it as so do I, so we're going to try and do that. Have you stayed there before?

VABeach - Don't remind me! :lol:

If you have to ask, it's too close!

Seriously . . . if everything goes as planned, you'll have no problems. But if one little thing goes wrong, you're waving goodbye to your ship. So many things in air travel are out of your control -- I wouldn't want to cut it this close.

If there's any way to get a flight late-late that night (tough to do on your wedding night, I know), choose it. You'll probably be feeling exillerated and won't want to go to sleep anyway. Another suggestion: Don't stay in Orlando. Once you've made it that far, it's only an hour further to the port. Go ahead and take a limo to a port hotel, even if it's the wee hours of the night. Then you'll be able to sleep in the next morning and board without any problems.

One more thing: This seems obvious, but with a wedding you have soooo many little details going on: If you're flying out the night of your wedding, make sure 100% of your stuff is packed and ready to go.

Pack your cruise suitcase a week ahead of time. DItto for your carry-on. Make sure your tickets and money are tucked away in the outside pocket, and the xerox copies of your tickets are in your suitcase and your fiance's suitcase. Lay your "flying out" clothes over the top of the suitcase. Make things easy for yourself! Your maid-of-honor is there to help you with all the little details, so let her know all your plans.

Just remember, Last Flights Out become First Flights in the Morning if there are ANY delays.
Well, if the delay is due to a problem with an inbound flight, then Last Flight Out becomes Cancelled Flight, instead. :(

Thanks so much for that link. The future hubby really likes it as so do I, so we're going to try and do that. Have you stayed there before?

Yep we have stayed there a few times for our anniversary . (even though we live about 5 miles from it!!:) ) My In laws also stay there all the time whenthey come vist. It has a great breezeway, teh rooms are decorated beautifully and it is very quiet, I also think they have a package that provides transportation tothe port. I think a limo picking you guys up from teh airprt and whisking you 2 to the inn would a be a great beginning to a marriage! ENJOY!

Christina, Good Luck!!

My wife and I are form Philly and had the same situation with our wedding on Saturday evening and a cruise Sunday afternoon. We both feel you are cutting it way too close and should book the first flight out Sunday morning even if it means getting up at 4:00 AM like we did. Your honeymoon is too important to miss. I believe US Airways has flights from Philly to Orlando before 7:00AM. I know it sounds hard but you will have a whole week with each other to recover. Have a great day!!!

i would NOT go the day of unless you go WAY early! I also agree about USAir.....does southwest do Orlando>?

As to something special for your wedding night....if you are oging to get in late, i would say go to , uh, sleep! you can probably get the ship to hook you up with a little treat!!!

congrats!!!

Archived