Can we use silly string?

NJmommyx4

Funny question...my kids want to know if they can shoot silly string from a can off the ship when it takes off. Does anyone know?

Lisa

Many years ago you could they had streamers and stuff but now nothing is to pollute the harbor

with streamers-confetti & just about everything else being thrown off ships at sailaway,

See? I do need to contact that lucky woman!

Gulp. Probably to tell her to throw me off with the streamers-confetti & just about everything else LOL

BTW: Thank you to all you nice people who defended me. Sorry I forgot to say that.

Lisa

Lisa, please come back and let us now how your cruise was. Did you join a roll call? You can meet some great people who will be traveling with you. You still have a couple days!

Enjoy.

Sandy

Yes, you can call me NJMom! (or Lisa) LOL We will have a great time on the cruise. Its been a dream of mine forever to go to Italy and being able to go to several other ports too is just icing on the cake. I have learned so much here on CC so we are all super set to go. My kids are just thrilled beyond belief and as much as I don't know...they are really clueless and its amazing to be able to see that childlike innocence. I know that they will be in awe of everything they see...they just can't imagine it right now. As a mother of 4 children, we sacrifice a lot to provide for them as much as we can. And as a parent, nothing can compare to being able to provide this trip for my children. The memories will last them forever and I am already trying to figure out how I can save money for another cruise in the future. Thank you again for the kindness shown here to me on CC by the many that make up for those few who have bad days.

Lisa, please come back and let us now how your cruise was. Did you join a roll call? You can meet some great people who will be traveling with you. You still have a couple days!

Enjoy.

Sandy

Yes, I did...have been following for a few months. There are really great people over on the TA roll-call

Seems they say nothing is to go over the side, so I'd guess 'no'

Gulp, GULP!!!

Our roll call had streamers and confetti last year at sailaway. Can't say any went into the harbor but I CAN say with certainty that it went into people's food below us at the barbeque.:eek: When I saw what was happening, I gave mine to some little kid so it could be blamed on him.:p

Sound like it would be fun BUT probably not a good idea. It's a hazard to the marine life.

From Wikipedia: "Silly String is a child's toy, generically known as aerosol string: a flexible, brightly-colored plastic string, which is shot as a stream of liquid from an aerosol can."

Sounds like something that could incur a hefty fine if it gets in the water and as garycarla said - Who would clean it up on the deck?

This would be a BIG no no. Not only could it land you with large fines but it could even land to a passenger being asked to leave. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING!! can be tossed off the side of the ship.

Sounds like the final word on that one. :o

DT

Yes, you can call me NJMom! (or Lisa) LOL We will have a great time on the cruise. Its been a dream of mine forever to go to Italy and being able to go to several other ports too is just icing on the cake. I have learned so much here on CC so we are all super set to go. My kids are just thrilled beyond belief and as much as I don't know...they are really clueless and its amazing to be able to see that childlike innocence. I know that they will be in awe of everything they see...they just can't imagine it right now. As a mother of 4 children, we sacrifice a lot to provide for them as much as we can. And as a parent, nothing can compare to being able to provide this trip for my children. The memories will last them forever and I am already trying to figure out how I can save money for another cruise in the future. Thank you again for the kindness shown here to me on CC by the many that make up for those few who have bad days.

It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful time. One thing I did now and then and I wish I'd done more (now that my kids are having kids) is vacation journals. Just a few minutes (2 - 5?) at a regular time (right before dinner always seemed to work best). Just maybe 'the best/most fun/interesting thing I've done today' or the 'most interesting person I met today' with pages at the end to place pictures. It's great to look back on and it triggers specific memories that all get mushed together in memory... just a thought.

p.s. I love silly string... saw it go up in flames once... SPECTACULAR!

This would be a BIG no no. Not only could it land you with large fines but it could even land to a passenger being asked to leave. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING!! can be tossed off the side of the ship.

I hope the folks on my roll calls see this.

Once I board --- you guys are stuck with me!!!

I hope the folks on my roll calls see this.

Once I board --- you guys are stuck with me!!!

Unless they all shoot silly string over the side, give you all the cans, then walk off as security arrives!:eek:

Boy, I hope your roll call folks don't see this!;)

SH:D

Unless they all shoot silly string over the side, give you all the cans, then walk off as security arrives!:eek:

Boy, I hope your roll call folks don't see this!;)

SH:D

or you can pack a DUMMY luggage with a case of the silly string and put monte's name on it. DOH!!!

Archived