Shuttles -- Are they always pre-arranged?

elycelynne

It might be a moot point since I may end up flying directly into Ft. Lauderdale which is where my cruise leaves from, but if I do decide to fly into Miami, do I have to pre-arrange for a shuttle or are there inter-city shuttles that hang around at the airport or cruise terminal looking for passengers? And if so, are their prices usually inflated due to the last-minute booking? (And yes, I know about SAS, but was just curious as to what else was out there?)

It might be a moot point since I may end up flying directly into Ft. Lauderdale which is where my cruise leaves from, but if I do decide to fly into Miami, do I have to pre-arrange for a shuttle or are there inter-city shuttles that hang around at the airport or cruise terminal looking for passengers? And if so, are their prices usually inflated due to the last-minute booking? (And yes, I know about SAS, but was just curious as to what else was out there?)

On our most recent cruise, we were scheduled to fly into FLL but due to a weather-related change in itinerary, we ended up at MIA. Outside, there was a transportation booth with the rate for a shuttle to FLL - $29, IIRC. We ended up going to FLL by taxi (to pick up our car rental), because it was cheaper for the 3 of us - $72 I seem to recall.

Archived