Tender frequency?

SpankysMom

HI all,

I am wondering how often the tender goes back and forth. We will be going to Sitka where there will be a tender required and I am wondering if I can go to port and go back to the ship as I please or if there is a limit to that. Thanks in advance! SM

There is no limit to the number of times you can tender, but it does use up valuable port time. Some people go ashore in the am and go back for lunch and back out again. You may have to wait for a tender after the initial first rush to shore as they will not be running the tenders as often.

It depends on the traffic: there can be long lines to get off and later there can be long waits to fill it up. But generally we have not had problems. They run all the time, just depends how many, or how few, want to do it when you want to go.

True, you can ride 'em all day, or as many times as you wish, but you are then burning up valuable port time in a port that has SO MUCH to offer. Once you see the beauty of Sitka, and all the things you can do there, you won't want to be schlepping back to the ship. Even when it is time to go! Yes, that WAS me running screaming to the dock for the last tender on BOTH times I've been to Sitka :)

:D :D The question was specifically about Sitka but my answer applies to all ports. :)

There are a few ports we've been to when the tender ride was more fun than most else there. :rolleyes: Thankfully, that's rare.

Archived