Carnival Cancels Cruise - cruise and flight already booked!! Help!

ShipsNdips

Hello.. I just received information that the cruise we booked for January 23, 2010 from San Diego to Cabo is cancelled...what does CCL do for those that have already booked and purchased flights?

So far, no one has contacted me regarding the cancellation so I really don't know what to expect.

I am still unaware of the reason the cruise was cancelled.. some say maybe dry docking or a company bought the particular cruise for that date?

Anyone know or heard of this situation and what CCL does to resolve the issues?

Your input is much appreciated!

Let us know how you make out. You may need to have your travel agent "push" the issue with Carnival to get them to at least cover your airfare change fees.

Well' date=' that's not quite right. IF they cancel a cruise THEY will notify the passenger and offer them alternatives. Sometimes they will also offer OBC or a discount.

However, as of this time, the OP has only "heard", source not cited. OP needs to call Carnival.

As for nonrefundable airfare, hopefully OP bought trip insurance. If not, most tickets can be changed for a fee.

Frankly, it was way too early to book airfare in the first place.....[/quote']

You really do know it all, don't you? :confused: Maybe not.

I am just wondering why is it too early to book airfare?

I booked my airfare for a February 2010 cruise because I found a great fare at a great price.

You don't know it all!

I don't think it's too early if you are definately going on your cruise (if it sails :D) I would book also if I got a good price. I am looking for airfare for Feb 2010 but no good rates, so I will wait until southwest opens up. I like their change policy and their nonstop flight for me!!

Karen

Hello.. I just received information that the cruise we booked for January 23, 2010 from San Diego to Cabo is cancelled...what does CCL do for those that have already booked and purchased flights?

What would you want them to do? :confused: Unless you purchased air through Carnival, they have no responsibility or obligation to do anything whatsoever.

I'm assuming that you did not purchase trip insurance.

STop the lies. If your cruise is truly cancelled Carnival will offer you an on board credit and discount to rebook with CArnival during a certain window. If you have air some benefit will be given. This has happened to me twice and this has been the result each time. It's no big deal just be flexible and enjoy the adventure

I dont think you ever know until Carnival decides, which could take a few days. I was booked on the Fantasy which was being replaced by Triumph. First they said they were cancelling me and giving me $50 to book something else full price, but they finally just transferred my booking, no $50 OBC. Each case can be different.

My TA was truly clueless throughout.

Yes, I purchased the flight on American Airlines... I do not think it is refundable. CCL cancelling the cruise is out of our control. I would hope they would also pay the flight change fee.

They paid the flight change fee for us when our cruise was canceled in Feb.

The Elation is being used by the Vancouver Olympics in that timeframe.

Hey Cathy,

How did you find out that information that the Elation is being used at the Vancouver Olympics... are they offereing cruises from there during that time frame?

Thanks!

Hey Cathy,

How did you find out that information that the Elation is being used at the Vancouver Olympics... are they offereing cruises from there during that time frame?

Thanks!

No cruises. The cruiseships (and they have chartered multiple ships) are being used for housing.

Hey Cathy,

Thanks!

There are a couple other threads on this already, they're using it as housing in Vancouver.

You really do know it all, don't you? :confused: Maybe not.

I am just wondering why is it too early to book airfare?

I booked my airfare for a February 2010 cruise because I found a great fare at a great price.

You don't know it all!

I blocked G'ma because it became tiresome reading her venom. Block her instead of having to read her nastiness!

Archived