Water rough into or out of Boston?

LindaKE

On a thread on the NCL board (reply to totally different question) someone commented that you always experience rough water around Boston. Why is this? Just how rough are they talking about? I'm wondering if we should take anti sea sick meds before we board.

In all honesty, I've been out of Boston a few times, no problems. My daughter did a 3 day cruise to nowhere out of Boston in December but a Noreaster hit and it wasn't pleasant. BUT, I had the same thing out of Miami. Guess what I'm saying is you just never know. The only time I've had really bad weather was off the coast of N Carolina at Cape Haddaras. Just get some ginger and you'll be fine

My experience is that no two cruises are quite alike when it comes to the seas. On our last cruise to and from Boston the seas were fine. But one never knows.

It is always a good idea to bring medicine with you and if you are concerned take something like Bonine ahead of time just to be on the cautious side.

We do that and have been fine.

Normally we don't take it unless the captain comes on to note that the seas will be choppy but once in a while we'll take it just to be on the safe side.

Keith

Archived