Boarding Time??

gozags1

Would anyone be able to advise as to 'how late is too late' to get to pier? We're on the Infinity leaving Seattle 5/22. Rec'd a call from a Celebrity rep stating that we can show up and drop off our luggage at 2pm, but that boarding won't start until 7:30 (ship departs at midnight). If we show up at 7:30 (w/o dropping off luggage ahead of time) are we going to be in for a long wait? Sorry for such a simple question, but I'm new to cruising. Any advice as to when we need to be there would be great.

What time does the ship get into port? That's usually what determines when YOU can board...I would seriously doubt that you'd have to wait until 7:30 to start boarding...most ship's will board new passengers as soon as the old group has cleared the ship....

We always arrive early, so that we can start using the ship...after all, boarding day counts as the 1st day of your cruise (that you've paid for!!!), even if the ship hasn't left port yet!!!

We've discussed this over on the roll call a bit.

Someone called celebrity and they said the ship gets into port at 7:00pm and boarding will start by 7:30. (Cruise departure is at 11:59pm for those interested).

On my cruise docs, it says not to arrive at the port before 7:00pm. (If they are individualized times - that could be because I am local).

I think the OP is asking about boarding late, not trying to get on early. OP: you can certainly show up at 7:30pm with your luggage and get on board. Celebrity has an excellent boarding process, especially at Seattle, and it will take a bit longer then but it shouldn't take very long in any case. Most report less than 1/2 hr. I forget how close you can cut it to departure time, but with the new rules, 1 1/2 hr before (1030pmish) starts to get a bit tight. You said 7:30pm - that should be just fine. Enjoy Seattle and get on board as you wish.

Personally, we like to get on board as soon as we can. Enjoy the free drink, drop off our carry-on at our room, and then have a snack/dinner. You can wander around a bit to get a feel of the ship then to the room when they announce they are open. Your luggage should be available a little later.

Denny

Thank you all for the replies. You're right on track with what I was wanting to know. We're not planning to get to Seattle until 7 or so and I just didn't want to have to change our plans if that will still work. As long as showing up at the pier between 7pm-8pm is fine...that's what we'll do. My docs show the same as the above poster, but for some reason I got a call today from Celebrity telling me the times to drop off luggage, board ship, etc.. Am glad to hear that I can still be there later w/o much of an extended wait. Thanks again.

You are arriving pretty late into town.I hate to add stress but that doesn't give you much flexibility if things don't go as planned.We try to get in a day early to give us options but realize that sometimes isn't possible. But be aware missing the sail-away isn't uncommon and is a big bummer.

Den

Archived