**Possible Cruise Critic Group Cruise** Amsterdam - August 23, 2010?

LEtue

I've been thinking about this one since I saw the itinerary but was looking at the Sep 6 one since that includes Labor Day and would require 1 less day of vacation. May 31 would work for the same reason but may be too close to the Australia cruise I just booked for Feb. I just need more vacation days! I've done 3 Alaska cruises but not sure you can ever get enough of it! Two of them were in Sep and had great weather.

That's funny. That was part of the appeal of the Aug 23 date. Coming back on Sep 6 means one less vacation day and a short Tues - Fri week to slowly get back to the real world ;)

Okay, everyone. Here are the dates for this particular itinerary on the Amsterdam:

May 17

May 31

Jun 14

Jun 28

Jul 12

Jul 26

Aug 9

Aug 23

Sep 6

I've not yet committed myself to doing this cruise, but it is the back-up plan if my other thoughts don't come through.

My first choice of date is July 12, and second choice is July 26.

Okay Ruth, I've got you included. You're the first one for the July dates ;)

1 = 1st choice vote

2 = 2nd choice vote

May 17 = 1,1

May 31 = 2,2,2

July 12 = 1

July 26 = 2

Aug 23 = 1

Sept 6 = 1

Just checked pricing at one large cruise agency and both of the May dates are the same price. So that may help us get down to one May date? Lead in pricing for the MM inside is $1862 pp (past passenger and senior) including all taxes and port fees.

And the good news is both are $170 pp less than the Aug 23 date :)

I just need more vacation days! I've done 3 Alaska cruises but not sure you can ever get enough of it! Two of them were in Sep and had great weather.
LOL ... I know what you mean. I've been with my employer for over 30 years and am at the maximum allowable vacation time, and I feel the same way.

I would love to do this cruise and would sign on in a heartbeat. But, my problem is that I am doing Hawaii/South Pacific in March of 2010, and that's gonna wipe me out of vacation time for the rest of the year. :(

Blue skies ...

--rita

I would love to do this cruise and would sign on in a heartbeat. But, my problem is that I am doing Hawaii/South Pacific in March of 2010, and that's gonna wipe me out of vacation time for the rest of the year. :(

--rita

No problem. You can make it family leave time...and we all become your family :D

Oh come with us - we just booked the May 31st sailing tonight. Our TA gave us a great price and we're committed! YES! :D

Oh no! I was hoping to get pricing for that sailing since there seems to be a lot of interest in May.....:(

Question: Can we book this "possible" cruise on our own or does it have to be with a specific TA through a specific group if we want to join the CCr's and all of the fun and goodies?

For the goodies and amenities you would have to book through the CC TA as part of the group.

Do you have a preference for a sailing date?

I actually asked that since I am a TA too.....soooooooo.....I would have to think about it anyway.....I will be on Zaandam and planning on getting FCC's .... go ahead and figure a date because I can't decide anyway :D They all have their benefits.....I will follow the thread and see what to do....I won't know until next year anyway :confused:

Okay, so how does everyone feel about the May 31 date? Should I ask for pricing on that one? Seems like the May dates are the most popular. Since that is basically the first 2 weeks in June it should be perfect for sailing that far north.....

Sounds like a great itinerary. We're going next month but only 7 days - wish we had done a b-2-b but next year's 14-day sounds so much better with the different ports. I too will keep checking back to see how its going with a CC cruise. We love the Alaska cruises - so laid back and they leave from our back yard!

Sounds like a great itinerary. We're going next month but only 7 days - wish we had done a b-2-b but next year's 14-day sounds so much better with the different ports. I too will keep checking back to see how its going with a CC cruise. We love the Alaska cruises - so laid back and they leave from our back yard!

I agree. I have only sailed on 7 day itineraries and I can't believe how exciting this one sounds :D

Hopefully it won't take long to get pricing and you can join us!

but the September 6th sailing would be especially attractive. We're doing the b2b on the Statendam this June 7th, have done the 7 day in July, also on the Statendam 4 years ago so it would be kind of neat to see alaska at the end of the season. Since the temps early September in the Valley of the Sun are just as unbearable as the rest of the summer, we would be excited for an excuse to exit the inferno for a longish cruise to cooler climes. Also my birthday would occurr during the Sept cruise- so for us it looks like SEPTEMBER

but the September 6th sailing would be especially attractive. We're doing the b2b on the Statendam this June 7th, have done the 7 day in July, also on the Statendam 4 years ago so it would be kind of neat to see alaska at the end of the season. Since the temps early September in the Valley of the Sun are just as unbearable as the rest of the summer, we would be excited for an excuse to exit the inferno for a longish cruise to cooler climes. Also my birthday would occurr during the Sept cruise- so for us it looks like SEPTEMBER

I know what you mean about the unbearable heat of September. That is one of our hottest months here in FL too.

I will feel better about not leaving home during the hurricane season though....

Anyone else interested in joining us? I sent for pricing on the two May dates:

May 31

May 17

Still no pricing?? I doubt they can beat the price we got for May 17th. We booked an oceanview, cat. E - $4046 total, including one lunch and dinner for 2 in PG, and $225 OBC. :cool: I hope I don't get in trouble for posting our pricing here.

I am anxious to see what Laura comes up with.

Vada

Still no pricing?? I doubt they can beat the price we got for May 17th. We booked an oceanview, cat. E - $4046 total, including one lunch and dinner for 2 in PG, and $225 OBC. :cool: I hope I don't get in trouble for posting our pricing here.

Vada

Wow, that is good.

Vada

I am anxious to see the pricing too! It probably will be next week at the earliest before we hear anything though. My cabinmate is so excited about this itinerary and is ready to book!

I just flew to Texas today for my son's wedding on Saturday. But I will check my email again tomorrow in case there is any word from Laura. :D

I just flew to Texas today for my son's wedding on Saturday. But I will check my email again tomorrow in case there is any word from Laura. :D

A wedding! How exciting! Congratulations Linda!

Vada

Archived