Cabin Waitlist

Anyone have any luck getting a certain cabin when put on a waitlist? Neither oo the cabin I would prefer are available even though it is over a year away. The reservation rep said he could put us on a wait list for those cabins and I was wondering if this has ever worked. I have nothing to loose by being put on the list so "Why Not".

I think chances of a specific cabin "wait list" working are pretty slim, but you never know. Another option is to check cabin availability A LOT in the week before final payment is due. Many people release their cabins during this time and we've been able to switch to much better cabins than we originally booked.

Anyone have any luck getting a certain cabin when put on a waitlist? Neither oo the cabin I would prefer are available even though it is over a year away. The reservation rep said he could put us on a wait list for those cabins and I was wondering if this has ever worked. I have nothing to loose by being put on the list so "Why Not".

did your TA call RCCL to make sure the cabin was taken? Today I booked a cabin that I had wanted to try on Freedom for January. When I called the TA, he couldn't find it and he checked a few different areas, but he called RCCL and they said it was available, so I got it. Just a thought.

Yes, they do work. Once I asked for a specific cabin, which did become available months later. Second time we waitlisted for another cabin category, which also at one point became available. Both times my agent got notified immediately and the requested cabins remained on hold untill I took or released them.

I've had luck with waitlisted cabins getting cleared several times, including getting the coveted aft JS cabin 1100 on the Radiance class.

I am waitlisted for that exact cabin right now. Hopefully the people who have it now will release it and upgrade... :D I really want that aft cabin! Oh well, if I dont get it I am sure we will be happy with the midship JS we are booked in.

It didn't work for me but I did end up with 9256 on the Serenade. I was waitlisted and just happened to call C & A about something. When talking to the rep I mentioned how much I wanted that cabin when I booked my cruise. He looked and it was available, guess it was meant to be :D

Archived