Best room and price for a family of Six?

Drewisme

Hey folks, we're looking at taking a 7 Day carribean RCCL cruise sometime next year. We are a family of six. We have four girls who will be 14, 11, 6, and 4 early next summer.

We don't expect to spend much time in our room....but we are wondering if we should just get two adjacent rooms, or two across the hall or what? Does anyone have any great suggestions?

Or, should we just get a suite? The question I have for the suite is what type of price discount can you get for the four kids on the suite? A suite would be great but not if I have to pay that price on each of the kids. One concern for my wife and I is that we will want some privacy (if you know what I mean). So certainly two adjacent rooms provide that. And the Royal Family Suite provides that but the cost of such a suite seems high compared to just getting two regular rooms and have the girls share one room with 2 beds and 2 pullman beds? We've thought about doing across the halls rooms. Where we end up with a view and they end up with the inside room.

Thoughts? Comments? Ramblings? Anything would be appreciated.

We are a family of five, with three children, 8, 5 and 5. We looked into the suite vs. two rooms option on RCCL and ended up with connecting balcony rooms. Still it was cheaper than any of the suites and we figured we get two bathrooms and double storage space for the money. Oh, and yes, the privacy thing too. ;)

In the suites you will find they costs a lot more then getting two cabins.

If you want to put all of you into one cabin then the 4 passengers will get a price break. (if sailing during peak times that price is not a big difference) you will only get one bathroom too. Getting ready for dinner with 6 people could prove to be chaotic. Especailly with all those girls... (LOL)

I would do the 2 cabins.

Go for 2 rooms. You wont regret it! :)

We are a family of 5 cruising in a balcony and inside room. The price was not bad at all. Actually ends up being cheaper than a week down the jersey shore!

I cant imagine all of us stuffed into one room even if it was a suite.

We'd kill each other!:rolleyes: (Plus there's that privacy issue:D )

Anyway, search these boards - there's tons of info and great advise!

~lurker:cool:

Have traveled with my family and two rooms are better mainly because you will have two bathrooms. Because of the dress requirements having two bathrooms is more of a need on a cruise than say going to Disneyworld for example. A great idea is the balcony and an inside cabin.

Don

• 3 weeks later...

I am leaving the beginning of January with my husband and friends on a cruise. Can't wait (we live in MN)! Next year we would like to bring the kids. They would be 7,5, and 2. Would we have to get two rooms, or a family stateroom? Could we just stay in one? I don't want to pay the suite price, but if we stayed in two different rooms, does that mean DH and I are in separate rooms? I'm confused! We are thinking of leaving the two year old at home and bringing him with the next time around. We'd kind of miss him though. He's the clown and we all dote on him. Any advice?

We had a family stateroom on a Dec. VOS cruise. Our children are 11, 7, 7, 6 and 1. The family stateroom was a good option. Biggest drawback is one bathroom but other than that it worked very well. We couldn't get connecting balcony rooms so we opted for the stateroom. It was important for us to have an outside room with at least a window. We were in the very front of the boot which was awesome. You could awake each morning and watch the boat pull into port. Great view. There were two large round windows.

We're a family of five and booked two connecting balcony rooms on RCI. Can't wait, it's our first cruise. The price was cheaper than a Royal Family Suite plus we get 2 bathrooms and privacy, heh, heh. We opted for the balcony rooms rather than inside for the view and ocean breezes, particularly at night. One concern though -- I was wondering if anyone knows whether the balcony door can be child proofed?

One concern though -- I was wondering if anyone knows whether the balcony door can be child proofed?

I don't know how old your kids are but mine (who are 4 and 5) could not open the door themselves. We found that you needed to put quite a bit of pressure against the door to get it to open. I guess they make them that way so that they are more secure. We have had a balcony on three cruises (but only on one with the kids) and we found them all a bit difficult to open. The other nice thing is that the glass on the balcony comes up pretty high. I felt that my kids were pretty safe out there. Of course, I was right there with them and we really stressed how important it was that they never try to go out on the balcony alone. It was really nice to sit out on the balcony in the evenings once the kids were asleep. It gave us a nice amount of extra living space.

Archived