Diamonds international

DANDARE

You are a jeweler? Were you joking in that post where you said you are a funeral director?

No I am a retired funeral director. I was working as a teen with my father in the diamonds, colored stones business, I helped my family with two businesses. I went to school became a funeral director worked on dead bodies in emblaming etc.. all the things that most of you do not like to discuss about death and dying. Its a job. I got asthma at an early age 46. I had to make a early retirement. I then restarted working with my brothers and sisters at jewelry designing.

I then took over one of their stores and now I am writing books about jewelry, about death and dying and also about people on cruise ships on how most of them mistreat one another on these cruise ship lines.

YES I am a jeweler I love what I do. I am very knowledgable on what I know about Pearls, Colored Stones and Diamonds. I feel that DI is not the place to buy any kind of jewelry. You do pay for what you get.

IF you love it so much, go back to the states get it from a AGA and they are reputable and honest will not take you to the cleaners, we all have get certified for this, DI which is foreign and its not affiliated with the AGA which does high standards can not allow inconsistancies come their way, so they do what is right for the customer they made it good for them.

For you non believers who cares if you want to buy from them, good for you, but do not complain when you go home and find out that you were taken to the cleaners, like that other man did with the 2000.00 earrings to find out that they were fakes, and not worth more than 900.00 think about it. buy from someone you know, they will not stiff you, but these other places will... that is why when I get off the ship, I go to the nearest bar and relax No shopping Why? I have all the conch pearls I need, mine are lightly colored Pink bought them from my own dealer in the bahamas and did not pay as much as Jolie did.

I got mine as a real gem:D

As luck would have it we live just outside of Omaha. Don't know if you have ever heard of "Borsheims Jewelry" but it is owned 100% by Warren Buffet of Berkshire Hathaway. Anyway they had their shareholder meeting about 2 weeks ago and my wife talked me into getting the "shareholder discount" at Borsheims. I'll make a "long story short" we ended up buying her "diamond studded earings of high quality" . They were 3.57 total carats. I paid about $9,500. Yes, its alot of $$$$ but they are brilliant and she loves them. Borsheims has a very good reputation for being honest.

I would buy my diamonds at Walmart or Target before I would buy from DI. Not only are they dishonest.. they are rude.

I was looking for a 14K gold charm with a Caribbean theme. In March I stopped by the DI in Barbados, the one in the cruise terminal. There were 3 employees leaning on the counters visiting with each other. I asked one woman if they had charms. She pointed to the person next to her who pointed to the person across the aisle. Not one of them said single word to me. After the third "point" I said to them "forget it" and walked out. They still did not utter a word.

.[/color][/size][/font]

You can send a self addresses stamped envelope to NY and get two free charms from them (or you could last time that I checked). that is not the 14K one of course but they are still fun to collect.

Keep in mind that the stores that the cruise lines recommend are the stores that pay those same cruise lines a monthly fee and a percentage of the sale. That means two things.....you are actually paying that referral fee to the cruise line as it is built into the retail price AND the cruise line is much more interested in their monthly revenue that they are in you getting a fair deal.

Words of wisdom. Stay away from Diamonds International. They do give a kick back to the cruise lines. Any store they recommend to their passengers gives them a kick back. They must charge you, the consumer, for this. I was looking for a thin band with princess cut diamonds last summer to match my other solataire diamond and princess cut band. I walked into DI to see what price they could give me....$4000.00 I just laughed and left. I then felt good about going back to the same family owned jeweler that we use in St. Thomas and St. Martin. Same ring 650.00 I feel so fortunate to have found this jeweler. We have bought many pieces from them...emeralds, tanzinites, sapphires and have had mountings done many times. I just don't go to any stores for jewelry that the ship recommends. We also don't buy any expensive jewelry on the ship. You will pay duty on it when you arrive in port. The ship keeps a list of those people who buy expensive jewelry from them.

Happy shopping!!!!

As luck would have it we live just outside of Omaha. Don't know if you have ever heard of "Borsheims Jewelry" but it is owned 100% by Warren Buffet of Berkshire Hathaway. Anyway they had their shareholder meeting about 2 weeks ago and my wife talked me into getting the "shareholder discount" at Borsheims. I'll make a "long story short" we ended up buying her "diamond studded earings of high quality" . They were 3.57 total carats. I paid about $9,500. Yes, its alot of $$$$ but they are brilliant and she loves them. Borsheims has a very good reputation for being honest.

Yes I have heard of Borsheims Jewelry and they are good for their reputation and very very good jewelry there, My sister is correct in what she says about that DI is not a good choice, Buy your jewelry from the states where you know where they come from since her early retirement, she is working for our father and my nephew and I will soon join them once I sell my big house south of her. thanks

Loretta Marie

Archived