Bringing an unrelated 18yo with DD

jamscckmc

Carnival wont let 18yo stay in their own cabin unless it's connected to the adults. There are no insides avail to our cat 11 aft which we don't want to give up. How have others delt with this situation? Did you register one adult and one teen in each room and get new keys after. I can see why they would not want to let 18-20yo to cruise alone but at that age you would think the could be a few doors down. Any thoughts or experiences with this? Thanks

My son took his girlfriend in January with us and they wouldn't even let us book them in the connecting room next to us since one of them wasn't related to us.

We just booked one adult in each cabin and then switched once we got onboard.

The purser will give you a new cards that says Mr. Only Key. So you have to carry 2 cards instead of 1. Oh the humanity!:p

Bill

We took my daugher and her girlfriend (who were both 17) and had two cabins. We just booked an adult in each room - we had our own room (hubby, me, and younger kids) and the girls had their own room. We kept the friend's sign and sail associated to our room and she just paid us for whatever she bought. Never bothered to switch the names on the keys...we just gave them each a key to the room they were using.

Carnival wont let 18yo stay in their own cabin unless it's connected to the adults. There are no insides avail to our cat 11 aft which we don't want to give up. How have others delt with this situation? Did you register one adult and one teen in each room and get new keys after. I can see why they would not want to let 18-20yo to cruise alone but at that age you would think the could be a few doors down. Any thoughts or experiences with this? Thanks

Have you asked Carnival? They will usually make the arrangements work for you as long as parents are along with the young adults.

My dh and I are sailing in a triple inside with my son and my dd and her two friends (all 16) are staying in an inside directly across the hall.

On paper, my dh is booked in the inside with two girls and I am in the balcony with my dd and ds.

Once we get onboard, we go directly to the Purser's desk and get the keys changed.

I am paying for the friends but my dh will not have a key to the balcony room and if we are not together it could become a pain. Same for my dd not having a key to her room.

It will only take a few minutes and will do it as soon as we board and then have everything taken care of.

That's very strange...because I have two rooms booked...NOT adjoining.

Mom's are listed in one room and DS(14) are listed in another room.

They are next to each other...but NOT adjoining.

I had NO problem what-so-ever when I booked these rooms.

Does it show exactly above on your invoices?

I'd like to know if I could have done this from the begining since my TA is the one that booked us like this. We use her for ALL our cruises but always on RCCL, which is the way you must book the rooms on them. I know she books CCL but wonder why she did it like this.

Thanks.

I wouldn't let the booking issue be a big deal. Just book each adult in with each teenager. Then when you get onboard, you go directly to the pursurers desk and they will switch the keys. No big deal. Also, it will make doing the online registration easier if one person is over 21 when do the e-docs. There is a glitch in the system that makes you need the primary person need to be over 21. You can get around but it's easier to just book the other way.

There's no rhyme or reason to anything at Carnival or any other cruise line for that matter.

One rep tells you one thing and another rep tells you the total opposite.

I know we went back and forth with Carnival and they wouldn't budge on the way we had to book our rooms.

I have seen a few others post as well and say they had no problems booking unrelated kids into a cabin by themselves but it seems to be the exception and not the rule.

Bill

Does it show exactly above on your invoices?

I'd like to know if I could have done this from the begining since my TA is the one that booked us like this. We use her for ALL our cruises but always on RCCL, which is the way you must book the rooms on them. I know she books CCL but wonder why she did it like this.

Thanks.

RCCL does not make you book an adult in each room, as long as the rooms are next to each other, or across the hall from each other, then the adults can be booked in one and the kids in the other.

We are going with my daughter and some of her friends for their Sr. cruise in June. When we originally booked the cabins, we were told no problem and booked the kids in their own cabins, adults in another. Everything was booked and fine. Then we got a call saying we had to have an adult in each room...:mad:

So, now we're booked with an adult in each room and we'll just swap keys.

Also, talk to your TA or whoever and ask if the parents of the unrelated 18 yr. old need to sign documentation giving your permission. We had to do that.

I just called Carnival and asked about my booking. My rep said because we are next to each other...it is fine.

It is listed on the Carnival website as : Mary Doe

Karen Smith room 7777

Bobby Doe

Jimmy Smith rooom 7779

I just made final payment. Again, the guy said it was okay!

Archived