M-class aft balcony size?

jerseygirl3

Does anybody know if the CC aft balconies on Deck 9 are significantly smaller than those on Deck 8? We had one on Deck 8 on Constellation and my brother and SIL have 9201 on Infinity. I'm wondering if there will be a difference in deck size and if so, by how much?

TIA

The balconies are largest on deck 7 then decrease in size a bit on decks 8 and 9. But they are all so large you really won't be missing anything and for all practical purposes there is no real difference - don't worry about this you'll love the size of your veranda on any of the aft cabins. While I've been in some on all three floors I wouldn't have known there was a difference if I hadn't been told there was. Also, on deck 9 you'll have a really nice view as you'll be on the highest passenger deck.

As you go down.

But.....

If you get one of the handicapped cabins.......

Accessible cabin on 7 aft the balcony is 13 1/2' x 21'....guess each deck up IS shorter by a bit, it shows up especially on the FV. When they are that huge...you'll never notice. We loved it, but being not the party types we never had company so the 4 loungers + 4 chairs were kind of wasted on us! Since we were quarantined for 48hr, it sure was nice to have that balcony to escape to, made the whole event less irritating. One of the days was a sea day...and that lovely wake made up for not being able to roam the ship!

I agree with all said. We've been on all 3 decks aft and 7 is the best for us. Sailed Connie in March and the balcony is longer but if you have a little problem with movement you're down lower and we never felt anything at all. Of course we don't have that problem so all the decks work for us but would vote for 7 as tops.

We had 8185 on Summit and unless the rain was coming right straight on the balcony you could use it. Of course you have to remember the coverings have seprations and this time on Constellation (7203) we had to move back with the rain coming straight down. Now, it doesn't rain that often so it didn't make much of a difference to us.

Loved 8185 on Summit but really enjoyed 7203 much better. It seemed quieter for some reason. We've also been on deck 9 aft and the entertainment from right above was nice but the noise level was a bit more. Any aft cabin will do on the M class ships and as many of our cc friends say, we've all become "aft cabin snobs":D

Pat C

I have 8185 for Alaska 2010. I was thinking of calling to see if I could get one of the corner FV cabins. If it's a cold rainy day in Alaska does the rain come on to the balcony or does it stay dry?

In 8185 you should have no problem. There are more or less three areas as you go out from the room. The first part or so is covered by a steel roof which is the floor of the cabin or balcony above you - this alone will be at least as deep as a standard balcony. The next, and largest part on deck 8, is covered by a canvas canopy and provides shade and some, but not complete, protection from rain. The last third or so is open to the sky. So unless it is very windy you'll be dry in at least the part closest to your room. In fact on past cruises we've stored some soft sided luggage outside on the balcony and haven't had any problems with them getting wet.

In 8185 you should have no problem. There are more or less three areas as you go out from the room. The first part or so is covered by a steel roof which is the floor of the cabin or balcony above you - this alone will be at least as deep as a standard balcony. The next, and largest part on deck 8, is covered by a canvas canopy and provides shade and some, but not complete, protection from rain. The last third or so is open to the sky. So unless it is very windy you'll be dry in at least the part closest to your room. In fact on past cruises we've stored some soft sided luggage outside on the balcony and haven't had any problems with them getting wet.

What I was wondering was if I switched to one of the end open FV balcony's would that one get a lot of wind and rain?

We sailed So. America in 8181 corner FV. It was windy and cold and rainy but we could sit just outside the cabin door and not feel any of it unless we walked further out to the end of the balcony. It was perfect.

What I was wondering was if I switched to one of the end open FV balcony's would that one get a lot of wind and rain?

Had a corner FV 9197 on a Transatlantic with some pretty inclement weather at times and it was plenty sheltered under the cover near the balcony door. Loved it and spent a lot of time out there.

Phil

Had a corner FV 9197 on a Transatlantic with some pretty inclement weather at times and it was plenty sheltered under the cover near the balcony door. Loved it and spent a lot of time out there.

Phil

Depends on the rain...74 knot wind driven rain pretty much made the whole huge Accessible balcony Inaccessible , besides the fact you couldn't walk because of the tossing of the ship!! Picture was taken mid-day!

100_1870.jpg.03646f2ee35de72432cb1b1b99959c7a.jpg

100_1871.jpg.9b581fc66fb5e9fa5b613391516b6317.jpg

Depends on the rain...74 knot wind driven rain pretty much made the whole huge Accessible balcony Inaccessible ' date=' besides the fact you couldn't walk because of the tossing of the ship!! Picture was taken mid-day![/quote']

74 knot wind!!! Wow - I don't think I'd want to even try going outside! Must have been awful.

Hey Texed - I know who you are;) You've cruised with my son and dil (Parrothead1 and Cruisebunny).

Deck 6 aft would be wonderful but it's the Penthouse! The cruise we were on you could have had deck 6, it was under construction! What a mess was caused on our deck (7) and the noise wasn't pleasant. Celebrity did make up for it in what we think was a very nice way but it still impacted our peace and quiet for this trip. Of course Larry, Sue, Mike Mary, Steven, Morag and Lauren were all aft and we made our own time (champagne and Scotch whiskey parties included).

Maybe some day we'll be able to afford deck 6 but only aft!

Pat C

Hey Texed!

We love deck 9. One thing that we noticed is that some of the cabins are wider than others! so take a look at that as well. We were in the middle but on the starboard side (I think next to handcapped accessible) Our verandah and cabin was a foot or so larger than our neighbors.

We like deck 9 because you can hear the music entertainment from deck 10 above and it was enjoyable to sit on your verandah and hear the music. One deck up to the food! We did not hear much noise except chair scraping occasionally. We were just on Soltice and the aft cabins are not the same...but still I think I would choose aft over the sides any day!

We were also in a family cabin and it was fabulous!

Hey Texed!

We were just on Soltice and the aft cabins are not the same...but still I think I would choose aft over the sides any day!

We like the aft, rear facing cabins also. :)

74 knot wind!!! Wow - I don't think I'd want to even try going outside! Must have been awful.

It was really something, we were south of NZ south Island...on our way to the Fjords (sounds), missed the first 2, Doubtful & Dusky because of the storm, but thank the Lord it cleared up in time for Milford, and we had a spectacular cruise in there, the storm had dumped a LOT of water and there were literally 100's of waterfalls every where you looked! And Clouds hovering over the peaks, and then streams of sunlight like spotlights hitting here & there! See the tiny tourboat in the one photo to give scale to the immense size of the Mountains around us.

100_1932.jpg.8490e2d43eb3e1e18bac7d0268c1f497.jpg

101_0598.jpg.33db21f81a004c5fd43b736116f89aee.jpg

100_1880.jpg.4b4a24c8619d13bf462da37a4b3d51a6.jpg

Archived