price tracker for flight/cruises?

so my mom found out that if u keep checking a flight on the same computer the website or air line or wat ever sort of tracks that and will begin to RAISE the pricing.. in thinking ur desperate and need the flight so thinking youd pay anything for it... does any one know or think the same theory applies to cruise ship pricing??? :confused: :confused:

• 4 years later...
so my mom found out that if u keep checking a flight on the same computer the website or air line or wat ever sort of tracks that and will begin to RAISE the pricing.. in thinking ur desperate and need the flight so thinking youd pay anything for it... does any one know or think the same theory applies to cruise ship pricing??? :confused: :confused:

My wife was a Cruise TA, and rumor was that when they cleared the cookies on the computers that they were able to see a different set of prices. This was mostly with the Travel Websites, and not the actual cruise lines or airlines, because they had back door access to bookings.

This could explain why the cruise I'm taking in Aug has doubled in price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Call me very skeptical. How does that explain the ones where the prices drop a lot?

Kathy

Does anyone know of any apps or sites that we can use to track the prices? (presuming we are allowed to post them that is)

Yes there is one that tracks the prices quite nicely and upto the minute. Forum rules say one cannot post outside links here.