Azamara Cruises - AMEX CPP Program

aandjw

Well I found the perk listed on the website but it does say must book thru an agent - has anyone been able to get this without an agent? and can I now transfer my booking to an agent - I booked thru the website / phone directly with A.

Suec, do you have the actual American Express Platinum charge card (shiny silver one that costs something like $450/yr) or do you only have the Delta Platinum card? Cobranded cards are not eligible for the AmEx plat perks.

Also, you do need a TA to get the tracking number from AmEx, I have heard many reports that they will not deal with individuals. If you have only made your deposit, you can certainly switch it to a TA and though I believe I can't name it, there is a website where you can enter your travel details and get quotes from various TAs.

• 1 month later...
Got this email from AMEX:

We are thrilled to welcome two new partners to the Cruise Privileges Program: Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Cruises. Now, when Platinum and Centurion Card members book virtually any cruise with Celebrity or Azamara, they will receive valuable benefits and special amenities.

CPP Amenities - Azamara Cruises:

$300-per-stateroom shipboard credit

Exclusive behind-the-scenes ship tour

Bottle of premium champagne

Double Membership Rewards points

Cool, eh? Just got $300 more OBC for my December cruise!

Interesting, because on HAL it has to be a Suite to get the $300.00 OBC and Champagne. (ON HAL) these can not be combined with certain amenities such as you would get through a TA who is affiliated with Ensemble.

Well, I just called my agent re the Plat AMEX 300 obc, and they called Azamara who said that it was not combinable with the discount we already have (free gratuities). So far I have been denied this 300 obc and the shareholder credit of 250. We are Elite members on Celebrity and have used Platinum promotions before on Princess, Cunard and Silversea, none of which disallowed a combination of discounts.

I have become more and more disillusioned with Celebrity (we have taken about 6 of their cruises in the last 18 mos), and had looked forward to trying Azamara - but it isn't looking good, so far.

Email the shareholders group. I did about a month ago and was told they (Celebrity/RCCL) allow you to use two promotions and you can pick which ones. If you have pre-paid gratuities and OBC you can't add the shareholder etc... It sounds like you only have one promotion (prepaid gratuities) so should be allowed a second.

OK I have a deposit on a May cruise and would love to receive the $300 onboard credit and the champagne (esp. since I can't carry on much wine!). I just looked at the AM EX website - I don't see anything there about Celebrity / Azamara perks. I have booked this cruise myself thru the A website and did put the deposit (and will pay) with my Delta Plat. AMEX.

Where on the AMEX website is this perk info? Do you think I should just call A before the final payment to pursue this credit? or switch to an agent? And the RCL shareholder credit is no more? Thanks!

It is the Amex Card that is $400.00 or $450.00 or per year.

OK - so here's my experience........

In April, AZ added the code on for the Platinum Program to our existing booking. Our booking was originally made on board in 2008 as a plan to go deposit (no sailing), and we converted to this sailing in May of 2008. AZ said in April that there wasn't a problem to combine programs.

On May 15th, AZ removed the Plat Program from our reservation, but didn't notify anyone. We had a rate reduction the next week, and I noticed that the new confirmation didn't have the same code on it as the last one (MZB5). After some questioning, AZ admitted that they hadn't qualified the early Plat requests properly, and because I had a shipboard credit already I couldn't get the Plat Program. They had assigned a supervisor to go back over all of the reservations with the Plat code and remove it from those bookings that weren't supposed to have it.

I was fuming - so much so that AZ relented and put the promotion back on the reservation.

Lesson learned - combining OBCs will get harder as time goes on.....and learn to read all the codes on AZ's confirmation emails!

jw

I checked with our Amex Platinum TA and she said this is only available in the US. As a cruiser from Canada, I thought this sounded too good to be true!;)

Yeh, I agree. Let's hope they add Azamara and Celebrity to the list soon. At the moment the only reason I carry this card is the cruise credit, and would like to expand on the lines that I can try.

Hi

I am in the UK and have spoken with Amex,

it would seem that I am entitled to the Perks in the CPP but getting them is another matter.

I will keep you all informed as the Dog is going after the bone now and won't let go.

Take care.

Archived