Newbie Question :)

luvofpanda

Hi! :o I am going on my first cruise Aug 29 on the Holiday for my 30th birthday. I am very excited and anxious. My best friend is coming with me. I noticed that all of the poster either go with a large group of friends or a couple. My question is will there be something for single people to do on the ship? What age demographic should I expect to see?

My daughter who is 34 goes with us and there are plenty of activities for singles to mingle. She usually finds things to do with others on the ship, and they post some things in the capers. There are definately a good mixing of ages on the ship. You will not be surprised to see older folks in the disco with the younger kids too at nights.

Hi! :o I am going on my first cruise Aug 29 on the Holiday for my 30th birthday. I am very excited and anxious. My best friend is coming with me. I noticed that all of the poster either go with a large group of friends or a couple. My question is will there be something for single people to do on the ship? What age demographic should I expect to see?

.....I knew that would get your attention. Whether cruising as a single or a couple, there are plenty of things to do on the ship. The cruise is what you make of it. On my last cruise, the range of ages was 3 months to 94 years old. Boy, could that senior lady dance up a storm. Also, 1/3 of the passengers were under the age of 18. I would have never thought that there was that many kids oin the ship. Camp Carnival did a great job in my opinion!

:)

wasiii

Wasii is right. A cruise is what YOU make of it. There is plenty to do, or if you choose to do nothing, thats ok too. On my very first cruise, I wanted to do everything... lol. My next cruise was a bit more laid back. My most recent cruise, well.. I spent a lot of time on my balcony!!

You will have a wonderful time!!

Happy birthday and welcome to cruising!! Be sure to report back to us and let us know how you liked it!!

Congrats for going on your first cruise. You should watch the movie "A Night to Remember" before you go. It is a great movie and is good to watch before a first cruise.

If it is a short cruise there may be some things for single people. I haven't seen or read about it on longer cruises. Don't know about the Demographic you might see. Shorter cruises tend to attract a younger crowd and during the summer will be a younger crowd. Schools out. Longer cruises, seven days or more will have an older crowd. Also, if you go when school is in session you will have an older crowd.

my best friend and I are crusing together in May. we are both single and 27/28 yrs old so yes, there are others like you out there. you should go over to the roll call posts and see who else is going on your cruise. turns out there is going to be a group of guys our age on our cruise.

have a great trip!

Archived