TA went over the top - how to thank?

justfoxie

Hi all, my TA just snagged us an incredible upgrade (from inside to balcony!) and I am so incredibly impressed that I'd like to do something as a "thanks". Thinking about sending a bottle of bubbly, but I don't know if this is considered acceptable or if some other form of appreciation would be better. I've already thanked him repeatedly on the phone and by email. . .

Speaking for me, if a client wanted to give me a gift of some kind, I'd personally appreciate something from the trip that I assisted them with. For example, one of my clients booked three separate trips with me, and each time she returned with a small token of her appreciation. (Image attached) From a cruise that stopped in Puerto Rico, she found a bottle of Bacardi rum. From a Mediterranean Cruise that stopped in Barcelona, a bottle of Spanish sangria. From an all-inclusive resort stay in Cancun, a bottle of Jose Cuervo tequila. As you can see, I could tell you what trip each bottle came from, and they help me not only remember that client but remember details of her trips as well. They add to the decor of my office space, and I appreciated them much, much more than a bottle of bubbly that would have been gone eventually, with no lasting memory.

It depends on your agent, after all. Take your cue from decor in the office space, or mentions of favorite places or past travels he has made. Keep your eye out for something small, and definitely not expensive, that you can give on your return from your trip. I think that would go farther than anything you could do before the trip.

624841802_ThreeAmigos.jpg.bff73b1caa710f7495320ea19cc48d51.jpg

Alon with what Bravestar has to say I would add the most important thing would be:

1. Tell ALL of your friends, family, and co-workers. Word of mouth is the best advertisement.

2. Book another vaction with the same agent.

My NCL TA is the best. I have done two cruises for which she has booked me. I had some OBC problem on the last cruise (they didn't want to honor it) but she helped me retrieve the OBC to be applied to the next sailing when I returned + get a bonus for the trouble encountered (I think it was her mistake not applying the OBC to the right cruise in the beggining but many agent would just have considered it gone and do nothing more).

I also changed my mind about "next cruise" 3 times now and she helped me each time change my booking with keeping the OBC, get a new OBC for a special offer they had, gladly readjusted the price of the cruise when I called her to mention better price available, and I even got a GREAT inside to balcony upsell (not from her though, an agent from another department called me).

I feel that she goes above-and-beyond every time I call her and I was starting to feel bad about all my requests. I sent her a small bottle of Maple Syrup (I'm from Quebec and it's Maple Syrup time here). It didn't cost me much (about 15$ including shipping) but I hope she enjoys this local delicacy and that she will understand that her hard work is very appreciated.

Thanks all for the great suggestions! I have already been singing the TA's praise to all my friends, but unfortunately most are not cruisers. Still, maybe this will inspire some of them to go. I'll definitely be using him again for our next one (assuming I don't end up horribly sea-sick).

Archived