Internet

You probably can, the wireless should reach to your cabin. Of course Im sure you are aware there is a small set up fee, plus the internet fee per minute.

I think access is better in some cabins than others, whomever is closer to the internet cafe on board. I hear the buffet works good up there too.

You probably can, the wireless should reach to your cabin. Of course Im sure you are aware there is a small set up fee, plus the internet fee per minute.

I think access is better in some cabins than others, whomever is closer to the internet cafe on board. I hear the buffet works good up there too.

As Adventure has hotspots it´s highly unlikely to receive the signal in your cabin. With all the steel on a ship a hotspot signal doesn´t travel well and your cabin need to be right next to it.

When did RCI start to charge a setup fee? As far as I know the per minute rate is all you pay.

As Adventure has hotspots it´s highly unlikely to receive the signal in your cabin. With all the steel on a ship a hotspot signal doesn´t travel well and your cabin need to be right next to it.

When did RCI start to charge a setup fee? As far as I know the per minute rate is all you pay.

Must be only Carnival and Princess, sorry.

Most hotspots are not the issue but the laptop themselves. Most of the time you can "see" a hot spot, but I am sure most of you wonder, "Why can't I connect?" The wireless cards in laptops are very low power. The reason they are low power is to conserve battery power. Questions?

Hot spots are in Viking Crown, Schooner Bar, Royal Promenade, Solarium and Conference Center. I was disappointed to not have wireless in the cabin as when I was on the Freedom, I liked to sit on my balcony while checking e-mail. I ended up going to the Viking Crown one time and the other times down in the conference center as it was quiet. FYI - $28 for one hour, $38 for 90 minutes and $55 for 150 minutes.

Archived