Questions about Radiance

We will be cruising Seward, Alaska to Vancouver July 24th. Prior to that we will be on a land tour #19. It has been a while since we were on Royal Caribbean, so I have some questions. The maps of the ship are so vague:

1--Are there laundry facilities on board? If so, where? How much?

2--Do they offer a bag load of laundry for one set price?

3--Where are good locations for watching the scenery pass by? (I am too cheap to get a balcony room.)

4--Does anyone have recent menus?

5--Does anyone have the daily sheets of activites, etc.?

6--What are your recommendations of what not to miss on board?

7--How are the beds? Hard? soft? I prefer soft; do I need to request eggcrate mattress pad?

8--Does anyone have a site where I can get good deck maps of Radiance?

Special requests--Anyone headed to Alaska in May or June, please post your daily sheets and menus. Anyone who is on Cruise tour #19; what time will (did) you arrive at Seward? Will I have time to see the Alaska Sealife Center?

Thank you for any information.

The matresses have all been upgraded---eggcrates won't be needed. The beds are firm, with a "pillowtop" style upper.

Get the cruise brochure for RCI--it has the deck plans and all kinds of info that will benefit you! Go to their website and request it---takes about 5-7 days for them to mail it.

You can have your laundry sent out, there will be a laundry sheet and bag in your room. It is not cheap!

The best place to watch the scenery is is probably the Viking Lounge if it is cool. Otherwise, go to the front of the ship on the helicopter pad or outside the spa.

You will love the Radiance, it is a beautiful ship. We were on it 16 days going around Cape Horn. Loved every minute.

Archived