4/26/09 Live from Carnival Splendor !!!

Wennfred

I just want to say great job to all those who kept a happy attitude about your situtation. Life is like that, never know what it will bring.

Anyway, adding a new twist to this side of the thread my relatives in Mexico City are dying of bordem. Everything is on lock down and they are all stuck in their homes. Schools, resturants, parks, theaters, shopping centers any out door activies are closed. Even grocery shopping is an act of congress. I was reading this thread will talking to them and they all said, if anyone wants to trade places they would love to do so. For all those complainers, my realatives would love to be on lock down on the ship right now. I just think there are worst places to be stuck, a cruise ship would be on the top of my list!!

For those getting of in Long Beach today, you never know what will happen with this virus and in a few months, we could all be like those in Mexico City. Then won't they be wishing the were back locked up on the cruises ship? :rolleyes:

For those staying on for the ride, have a great time and enjoy the City by the Bay. Just think how much more SF sourdough bread you can now consume, to offset the weight of those disembarking today.:D

Happy travels to all.

Good Morning everyone, This is Fred from the Bridge, we are currently in Long Beach, nice warm sunny weather here today. There are many folks getting their last minute suntan above decks before the trip to San Fran. We got up at 8am and had breakfast in the dining room, they have the best breakfast. I haven't been up to Lido buffet yet.

I was just topside to look for people debarking, there are tons of people leaving the ship, the flow of traffic keeps moving on that connecting overhead walkway. I'm guessing there will only be 198 Cruise Critic members on board and thats it !!! I will hit the Pool and waterside today, thats for sure.

Today for Taste of the Nations up on Lido is Mexican Food hehe

Everyone onboard still seems cheerful and the crew and CD Brad are probably happy that most of the irate passengers are leaving today. There should be less work for them this week. I will have to order alot of food tonight so that the extra food doesn't go to waste.

Since we are arriving late into San Fran, 1:30pm, we are going to do what Fancy Goods Posted, thanks alot for that "How to Tour SF in a Day by Miss Fancy Goods" We will probably get lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. and then get a bowl of Clam chowder over at the Wharf. Then head up to Ghiradelli Square for some chocolates before heading back to the ship.

PaulMedik the feeling is mutual, we need to book another Cruise Critic cruise together, maybe on the Dream. Cruise Critic Group cruises are alot of fun.

CD Brad is currently making anouncements for passengers in other decks to leave the ship now. We got the Capers late last night, They will have the Vroom Show and tonight is also the 2nd Formal Night. Seems pretty earily in the week.

Oh, one last thing I need you guys to check this out for me, Remember I told you that Marriner of the Seas was in Cabo and they released their passengers that morning for a beautiful great day at the beach, rumors are that Marriner of the Seas is currently under Flag "Yellow", meaning they are Quarrentine (sp) check it out for me, someone is probably posting that info on the RCI Board.

Fred

Oh, one last thing I need you guys to check this out for me, Remember I told you that Marriner of the Seas was in Cabo and they released their passengers that morning for a beautiful great day at the beach, rumors are that Marriner of the Seas is currently under Flag "Yellow", meaning they are Quarrentine (sp) check it out for me, someone is probably posting that info on the RCI Board.

Fred

Nothing yet, and I dare not start a post about it. They are still all wallowing in their cruise alteration offerings.

then get a bowl of Clam chowder over at the Wharf. Then head up to Ghiradelli Square for some chocolates before heading back to the ship.

Wow -- Clam Chower at the Wharf. I used to go down there and get some everytime I had to go there. That is some really good stuff on a cool day! Also had one of the best Hot Fudge Sundaes at Ghiradelli Square.

You are going to have a wonderful visit to SF. Wish I was with you!!!!

Sharon

Good Morning everyone, This is Fred from the Bridge, we are currently in Long Beach, nice warm sunny weather here today. There are many folks getting their last minute suntan above decks before the trip to San Fran. We got up at 8am and had breakfast in the dining room, they have the best breakfast. I haven't been up to Lido buffet yet.

I was just topside to look for people debarking, there are tons of people leaving the ship, the flow of traffic keeps moving on that connecting overhead walkway. I'm guessing there will only be 198 Cruise Critic members on board and thats it !!! I will hit the Pool and waterside today, thats for sure.

Today for Taste of the Nations up on Lido is Mexican Food hehe

Everyone onboard still seems cheerful and the crew and CD Brad are probably happy that most of the irate passengers are leaving today. There should be less work for them this week. I will have to order alot of food tonight so that the extra food doesn't go to waste.

Since we are arriving late into San Fran, 1:30pm, we are going to do what Fancy Goods Posted, thanks alot for that "How to Tour SF in a Day by Miss Fancy Goods" We will probably get lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. and then get a bowl of Clam chowder over at the Wharf. Then head up to Ghiradelli Square for some chocolates before heading back to the ship.

PaulMedik the feeling is mutual, we need to book another Cruise Critic cruise together, maybe on the Dream. Cruise Critic Group cruises are alot of fun.

CD Brad is currently making anouncements for passengers in other decks to leave the ship now. We got the Capers late last night, They will have the Vroom Show and tonight is also the 2nd Formal Night. Seems pretty earily in the week.

Fred

Fred, Have you asked about being bumped up to a suite yet?:p

Can't wait to hear how many are actually getting off, including Johnny Cochran, Jr.

How many leaving today will be back on a Carnival Ship again in the future? Just a question, don't flame, just curious, it sounds like the people getting off in LB are pretty upset.

Hate to let you know but..... thank God they are doing well.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=114628&catid=339

According to the CDPHE, two people in Colorado have been diagnosed with swine flu.

The first case was a woman in her 30s from Arapahoe County who had just returned from a cruise in Mexico.

They say the second case was a man in his 40s from Douglas County who works as a baggage handler at Denver International Airport. According to CDPHE officials, the case at DIA is a reminder to be vigilant about your health in public areas.

Yes, I just reported the same thing on the CC Sticky. The man from DC lives in my town and is a friend of my neighbors. Unbelieveable!

Makes you think twice about going anywhere, other then to work...which is always a huge breeding ground for everything:eek:

Thanks to the live posting peeps! Glad you're making the best of it....don't eat too much sourdough bread or chocolate in SF!! If I was there, I'd try for a ticket to the baseball game!

We have 5 confirmed cases in NJ, and there are 4 at the Univ Of Delaware..those 4 were on vacation in Cancun last week-ish. (From the CBS Noon News...)......

I still wish I could get to calif and get on the Mariner....SUPER deals!!!! There's a resident rate for this weekends cruise too! (NJ/PA i think!)

oh well..................

enjoy the rest of the vacation...maybe y'all can get upgraded now!! LOL!

Keep us posted!

Fred and everyone coming to San Francisco....PLEASE.....DO NOT waste your money eating the garbage at a chain restaurant like Bubba Gumps....its OK for a drink but when some of the best restaurants in the world are at your fingertips I wouldn't bother with Gumps...bleah....

Right there at Fishermans wharf are several VERY NICE seafood restaurants like Scoma's, Alioto's and many others...ENJOY!

WarmWaters,

It doesn't matter where the Splendor will take you, you will still have a nice time, the ships is very clean and nice, the crew is totally amazing. The food and Service in the dining room is by far the best I have ever seen on any cruiseline. You will have a great time onboard. Don't stress and just have a nice vacation. I will still be off on vacation the next 2 weeks so if you want to take me with you guys, let me know LOL.

Shellybelly0976

I know your parents from Atlanta and I was there up on Lido Deck when your dad was on the phone with you. Your parents are having a blast, infact one of the got up on a table last night and started dancing, as soon as the shirts starting coming off security took then down, it was so funny. You be surprise what parents do when away from their kids on vacation LOL, film on YouTube at 11. Hows the weather in New Jersey? :D

And to everyone else, as most know I have been down to Mexico many times and infact I don't even get off the ship anymore. This cruise was really for Wendy and her Mom Cathy, they had so many things to do and see while in mexico. So we are having a blast too. This just gives us another excuse to cruise down to Mexico once again. Hey, on a good note, I cashed in $1200.00 in excursions hehe

have a great day.

Fred

Shellybelly0976

I know your parents from Atlanta and I was there up on Lido Deck when your dad was on the phone with you. Your parents are having a blast, infact one of the got up on a table last night and started dancing, as soon as the shirts starting coming off security took then down, it was so funny. You be surprise what parents do when away from their kids on vacation LOL, film on YouTube at 11. Hows the weather in New Jersey? :D

LOL Fred! That is a scene I could not picture from my parents!!! I busted out laughing when I read that! I'm actually in Southern Cal so weather is quiet nice currently. Little warmer than you guys are on the water b/c we're in a valley!

Again, thanks for keeping us updated!

(Still giggling.....)

Nothing yet, and I dare not start a post about it. They are still all wallowing in their cruise alteration offerings.

There is now a thread asking about it. Said someone was asking on the Carnival board and wondered if anyone else had heard this. Only post in the thread.

ok, we sat here on Lido and counted heads walking off the ship. We came up with 480....give or take a few. We are getting ready to sail away so next updates will most likely be posted tomorrow afternoon. Sail on!!!!

There is now a thread asking about it. Said someone was asking on the Carnival board and wondered if anyone else had heard this. Only post in the thread.

I'll have to go check and see which SHEEPLE did it.

Fred and everyone coming to San Francisco....PLEASE.....DO NOT waste your money eating the garbage at a chain restaurant like Bubba Gumps....its OK for a drink but when some of the best restaurants in the world are at your fingertips I wouldn't bother with Gumps...bleah....

Right there at Fishermans wharf are several VERY NICE seafood restaurants like Scoma's, Alioto's and many others...ENJOY!

I second this!!!!! I fell victim to the Bubba Gump lure - it was awful. A couple nights later we stumbled upon Scoma's!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

for those interested, here is an update of what´s happening, or rather not happening, in Puerto Vallarta.

http://www.pvscene.com/?p=4081

Sorry you didn´t make it here, enjoy the rest of your time on the Splendour.

Greg

Greg,

Good to see your postings. Are Blaine and Graham (2slick) still rocking the house in PV?

I'll have to go check and see which SHEEPLE did it.

Babies12

icon4.gifI heard that the Mariner is "flagged" yellow...

On Carnival's board they said that since the Mariner stopped in Cabo and let their passengers off, the ship will now be "flagged yellow". I don't know what that means other than taking special precautions of debarking passengers. Anyone else hear about this?

Greg,

Good to see your postings. Are Blaine and Graham (2slick) still rocking the house in PV?

Blaine married a rich Mexican lady and now has his own recording studio here. I don´t see much of him. Graham was doing well as a solo performer, but had a nasty accident and badly injured his back. I did see him a couple of times after his long recovery, but last I heard was that he´s now is back in Canada.

Archived