Plaza Inside or Emerald Obstructed Oceanview?

custompcsys

Hi All,

I am currently booked on the Emerald for an eastern caribbean itinerary in October. Because I am traveling solo this time I booked an inside cabin on the Plaza deck (P319) to keep the cost down, and I have heard many positive comments about this location. The pricing on my cruise has changed, however, and I can now get a mid-ship obstructed view oceanview on the Emerald deck for the same price.

I've done an inside before and don't mind not having the window. My question is, is it worth making the move? I feel like I have a "prime" inside location, but I have never stayed in an oceanview on the Emerald deck, so I really don't know what I am missing. I usually book balconies when I have a travel companion - if I could get one of those for the same price I would be right there! :)

Any thoughts would be appreicated - thanks!

I too, would take an outside....it is very nice to have natural daylight, and check out the weather, even though there may be a lifeboat in front of your window. Plus, it they have you mid-ship, all the better.

In an opposite case, I booked an obstructed view and got assigned an outside on Plaza....

We stayed in this cabin last year and LOVED the location. It is very quiet and very close to the international cafe. I would have a tough time making the switch, but I think it would depend on how much you think you would use the cafe for breakfast, coffee, night cap, etc. An obstructed view can be much like an inside or can have a great view, it is hard to tell sometimes from the deck plans. Can you book a specific cabin in the OV category and then post a question here on it's view? I'm so wishing that I had your problem right now, as our cruising is on hold now until the job outlook is better!!!

Robin

We stayed in this cabin last year and LOVED the location. It is very quiet and very close to the international cafe. I would have a tough time making the switch, but I think it would depend on how much you think you would use the cafe for breakfast, coffee, night cap, etc. An obstructed view can be much like an inside or can have a great view, it is hard to tell sometimes from the deck plans. Can you book a specific cabin in the OV category and then post a question here on it's view? I'm so wishing that I had your problem right now, as our cruising is on hold now until the job outlook is better!!!

Robin

Yup, I can book a specific cabin. There are a couple available that look like they are "in between" lifeboats (E315 and 318), but I was hesitant to ask about specific ones since by the time I decide and get around to it they may be gone :) It may seem silly, but the one thing I was really excited about with the Plaza deck location was not having to wait for the elevator during disembarkation! :D If the Emerald outside is that much nicer though, I would go for it.

Yup, I can book a specific cabin. There are a couple available that look like they are "in between" lifeboats (E315 and 318), but I was hesitant to ask about specific ones since by the time I decide and get around to it they may be gone :) It may seem silly, but the one thing I was really excited about with the Plaza deck location was not having to wait for the elevator during disembarkation! :D If the Emerald outside is that much nicer though, I would go for it.

The deck plans online are very accurate when it comes to lifeboat locations

This is what a not very obstructed view is

IMG_8207.jpg

Based on the majority opinion I received, I contacted my TA and got switched over to E315 for the same price as my Plaza deck inside. Thanks to everyone for their input! :D

Are you keeping your option open for an upgrade?

Archived