The Cruise Ships are NOT PORTING in the Mexican Riviera

bobnsofi

Click on the link below, and then click on Baja on the Map.

The cruise ships are sitting around lower Baja.

NO PORTS!

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/cruiseships.phtml

Well Tuesday morning (4/28) tells the tale. Sapphire Princess is supposed to port in Puerto Vallarta at 8am (Carnival owns Princess & Holland). According to Sailwx.info, Sapphire is currently nowhere near Puerto Vallarta. She is just far enough down to get some warm weather.

Will Mariner of the Seas make it to Cabo by 10:30am Tuesday (4/28)?

Will Carnival Splendor make it to Puerto Vallarta by 10am Wednesday morning (4/29)?

We shall see.

See link below

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/cruiseships.phtml

Here is 6:40am Tuesday 4/28

Clipboard01-4.jpg

The only problem with that map is that it does not update every ship at the same time, I am not saying you are wrong, but if you look at the time for the Sapphire it was midday yesterday, it has not changed since.

I think looking at each ships webcams would be a better indicator of whether they had docked or not. Satellite mapping may be inaccurate in this situation (showing it is off shore, when in reality it is docked).

Here is a website with webcams on all lines:

I have carnival up now.

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/carnivalindex.html

You know you could just check the sticky on the swine flu on top and post and read there, and then you would know. I really dont get why folks have to keep starting new threads and cant post in the main thead?

We have just heard from Carnival that Mexico port of calls for today will be cancelled.

Those impacted are:

-- Carnival Inspiration's call in Cozumel

-- Holiday's call in Cozumel

-- Carnival Elation's call in Ensenada.

A spokesperson for the line told us that information on itinerary changes will follow soon.

We'll keep you posted.

Kelly

U.K. Editor

Cruise Critic

Yeah!!! She has arrived!

I dont know if you can trust those things or not. We have that map on the Conquest that supposedly showed live where we were. During Ike we obviously we not where the dots showing us live said we were.

They finally said, well if we had been where we were supposed to be, then the live map would be accurate.

I dont trust those live tracking sites now. They dont really always track a ship for real, just where it should be.

That being said only 3 Mexican ports were reported today as being missed on the main thread for updates.

..... I would trust those bridgecams, but not a lot of the other sites to be accurate. Just me. I want to see the ship there, not see a report after Conquest tracking was fake.

You know you could just check the sticky on the swine flu on top and post and read there, and then you would know. I really dont get why folks have to keep starting new threads and cant post in the main thead?

Cuz reading, at last count, 453 posts could get a bit tiresome......

Archived