Caribbean Princess - Brooklyn Departure

Docswiffy

So excited booked on the Caribbean Princess leaving NY (so easy so close to home!) in June..question its been so long since our last cruise what time do they usually start boarding? We are driving and parking at the pier so that should be pretty fast but want to get on board early to book the Sanctuary for the week (Lots of sea days and need a really comfy chair very bad back!)....

Thanks this is always the best place to get answers....

So excited booked on the Caribbean Princess leaving NY (so easy so close to home!) in June..question its been so long since our last cruise what time do they usually start boarding? We are driving and parking at the pier so that should be pretty fast but want to get on board early to book the Sanctuary for the week (Lots of sea days and need a really comfy chair very bad back!)....

We got there around noon and was on board around 12:30

Thanks we will get there around 12 then! Looking forward to it so need the vacation ! Glad now we were tossed between Mexico and a cruise....so glad I picked a cruise! Actually hubby insisted did not want the hassle of getting on a plane...40 minute drive and we are ON VACATION!

The CB should look great now. I haven't been on this forum in a while, so I haven't read any recent reviews. I've been on the Caribbean Princess twice, including last year out of NY. To me, the ship looked a little tired at the time, but I hope she looks great now.

The 9 days is a great cruise length for me. The 2 extra days really adds to the quality relaxation time.

The CB should look great now. I haven't been on this forum in a while, so I haven't read any recent reviews. I've been on the Caribbean Princess twice, including last year out of NY. To me, the ship looked a little tired at the time, but I hope she looks great now.

The 9 days is a great cruise length for me. The 2 extra days really adds to the quality relaxation time.

We were on her last winter and she didn't look that bad, but then we don't look that closely. As with you, we are sailing on her this October out of NY.

To answer the OP's question, my guess that the timing is about the same as other ports, like Port Everglades, and we would expect to be there by 11:00. Now to figure how long it would take to get from Jersey City to Red Hook on a Saturday morning.

We leave on the 24th of May! Can't wait. Not flying to get on a cruise was also one of my considerations this time. Just got tired of the whole airport hassle. I am from LI also, and plan to park at the pier.

We will be driving from upstate NY as well and would like GPS address or advise as to the best way to get to the port. My guess is it will take about 4 hours. Paying to park is better than flying.

We will be driving from upstate NY as well and would like GPS address or advise as to the best way to get to the port. My guess is it will take about 4 hours. Paying to park is better than flying.

Here are directions from the port's website. It's very easy to find (even that confusing-sounding U-turn thingie on Hamilton Avenue is very clear once you're actually there), and you'll even see small blue roadsigns pointing the way.

http://www.brooklyncruiseguide.com/cruise-terminal.html

I just see that for our May 24th sailing on the CB it is Fleet Week! Will that impact traffic and such on a Sunday at Red Hook Terminal in Brooklyn? That is...traffic getting to and on the pier...and then of course in the water!

HLR

You want Exit 26. Check it out on Google Maps (search red hook brooklyn ny), and you'll see the exits clearly marked and you can zoom in and follow the spaghetti-strands of highway & exit lanes and get a good view of where you need to be going.

You'll love the ship, we were on CB last summer and are booked again for July this year. General boarding usually begins around 11:45 or so. If you are driving and parking, give yourself plenty of time because it can get pretty nuts with the people debarking and those trying to get to the terminal.

We sailed from Brooklyn last August on the Caribbean Princess. We arrrived at the pier between 1:00 and 1:30 PM. Lines were not long to check in and board the ship. We were on the ship within 10-15 minutes.

DavidnSteph

We're going on the 24th as well, it shouldn't be so bad. Most of the ships for fleet week are in the Manhatten ports (West side and South Street) and Staten Island. But it's still Memorial Day weekend so I think there will be traffic anyway. Where are you coming from?

Archived