TA or Princess booked wrong insurance coverage

debintexas

We signed up for and paid for the gold insurance for an end of May Alaska cruisetour and cruise. I noticed yesterday that we were only signed up for the regular vacation insurance. The travel agent called Princess and was told "no changes." The'll be calling Princess again today but are doubtful they'll make any changes and can't tell from the paperwork if TA staff or Princess made the error (do confirm we paid for the gold insurance). I don't imagine Princess will talk to me since the reservations were made by the TA.

Has anyone has this happen and Princess "make good" on the insurance coverage?

What are my best options if the coverage I paid for isn't given?

1) try to talk to Princess myself

2) call the credit card company since Princess didn't deliver what I paid

for

3) ask the TA to purchase the additional coverage at their cost

4) contact an attorney

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

We signed up for and paid for the gold insurance for an end of May Alaska cruisetour and cruise. I noticed yesterday that we were only signed up for the regular vacation insurance. The travel agent called Princess and was told "no changes." The'll be calling Princess again today but are doubtful they'll make any changes and can't tell from the paperwork if TA staff or Princess made the error (do confirm we paid for the gold insurance). I don't imagine Princess will talk to me since the reservations were made by the TA.

Has anyone has this happen and Princess "make good" on the insurance coverage?

What are my best options if the coverage I paid for isn't given?

1) try to talk to Princess myself

2) call the credit card company since Princess didn't deliver what I paid

for

3) ask the TA to purchase the additional coverage at their cost

4) contact an attorney

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

Are you a past passenger? if so after trying to rectify this with your TA contact the Captains Circle desk and relay your issue.

Sounds like the TA may have asked asked for the wrong one, or it may have been a Princess mistake. Either way someone needs to step up and fix the problem.

Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease so don't be bashfull, its not like you didn't add insurance in the first place.

First, Princess is changing their names and plan details as of 'summer of 2009' so it sounds as though you are under the old plan, called Travel Care/Travel Care Gold. And that you paid an extra $50 for the Gold coverage, but were only given the standard Travel Care. The difference between standard and Gold is the 75% vs. 90% any reason cancellation coverage and doubled baggage, medical, evacuation coverage.

If you still have the invoice showing the upgraded insurance cost was paid to Princess, your TA should be able to clear this up with Princess. Don't bother trying to call yourself, the TA has to take care of this. IF an error was made, and the TA did not order the Gold and only paid for the standard, it is too late (after final payment) to upgrade. However, it is not too late for you and your TA to find a third party policy that will cover almost all the same items. Differences will be in the "any reason cancelation" coverage and your pre-existing condition lookback period will start from purchase, not whenever you paid for the standard Travel Care. If it's a TA mistake, ask them to pay for your 'gap' coverage.

I recommend the folks at http://www.tripinsurancestore.com . They are very helpful and can steer you to the most suitable plan and amount for your 'gap' needs.

If you have invoice/confirmation that shows how much you paid and that amount correlates to the Gold Policy, I can't understand why the TA is having a problem with Princess. If you paid for Gold and somebody entered a different "title" that should be correctable.

Your TA has a Point-Of-Contact in Princess for resolving just such problems. If they can't work it out, consider asking for a conference call with yourself, TA, Princess supervisor.

ken

The TA got it all worked out so the correct insurance is in place (the one I paid for on the invoice!). Thanks for all the ideas on what to do in case it hadn't been fixed.
Glad it was fixed. As the others said, the TA was the one to fix it and it looks like she did. All's well. Have a great cruise!

Archived