NCL One Day Sale

saileeney

I also received the email message last night about the one-day sale. Nothing really got my attention. Only looking for a late 2010 cruise as have 2 already booked. Like another poster pointed out---no Epic posting until May 20th. and that does interest me!

currently, mine are nearly $1K higher, yet i called NCL & was told the rate code won't produce valid rates until Monday online:confused:

as im not sure if it's kosher to post the actual code here, i won't;)yet will post the fine print from the email i received...

appears as though it's only for guaranteed cabins to sleep 2 or am i reading it wrong?

Offer valid through May 5, 2009. All starting from rates listed above are Guarantee rates which apply to 1st-2nd guests only, except for Bahamas rates listed above. 3rd-8th guests cannot be booked on Guarantee rates. Reservations booked at regular fares can accommodate 3rd-8th bookings. With all bookings made under Guarantee rates, stateroom assignment is subject to NCL's discretion and can be assigned at any time up to day of sailing. Savings are based on the published lowest Inside stateroom Brochure rates. 81% off discount is applicable to select 4-day Bahamas sailings. Over $2,000 in savings is applicable to select 7-day Hawai‘i sailings. Fares are cruise only in U.S. dollars, per person, based on double occupancy. Offer is for new individual bookings only. Singles pay 200% of applicable fare. Standard air add-ons are available. Guests, who cancel and rebook, must accept this promotion's terms and conditions. Cancellation fees for cruise, air, land and other charges will follow NCL schedule listed in the brochure, website and it includes different schedules for Suites and Villas. Cancellation fees also apply based on the booking/sailing date; therefore, NCL strongly recommends the purchase of Travel Protection on all bookings. This promotion excludes airfare, ground transfers, government taxes and fees, on-board service charges and other personal expenditures. IMPORTANT NOTICE: Effective immediately, NCL is suspending the company's fuel supplement for all voyages departing in 2009. NCL reserves the right to re-instate the fuel supplement for all guests should the price of light sweet crude oil according to the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index) increase above $65 per barrel. Offer is based on availability, capacity controlled, not combinable with other offers, subject to change or cancellation at NCL discretion. Other restrictions may apply. NCL is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. ©2009 NCL Corporation Ltd. Ships' Registry: Bahamas and United States of America.

I think you are reading it correctly. I talked to my PCC when they had the last one day sale and she told me that one applied to guarantee cabins only.

I am right there with you JAJA....got my eye on that Oct. 20th 10 day out of NYC on the Jewel. Prices usually come down during summer on those. Right now saw that it has dropped once again and insides are $719, which is $40 cheaper than it was just last week.

If I remember right, it dropped to mid-600's last year. I keep a close watch since I often sale solo and hope to keep the 10-day sailing at about $1100 for inside.

Good luck to us both!;)

I called our PCC and we got $650.00 off our inside cabin for Alaska but the Mini was more than what we already have and the Oct room the same so only saved $600.00 after loosing the OBC.

I am right there with you JAJA....got my eye on that Oct. 20th 10 day out of NYC on the Jewel. Prices usually come down during summer on those. Right now saw that it has dropped once again and insides are $719, which is $40 cheaper than it was just last week.

If I remember right, it dropped to mid-600's last year. I keep a close watch since I often sale solo and hope to keep the 10-day sailing at about $1100 for inside.

Good luck to us both!;)

not sure how long I will wait....

I have an October 25th Bermuda booked (thru CAS)..and need to cancel that due to delivery date for 1st grandchild.:D...so thinking of booking Sept 6th Dawn New England.. want to get a good rate...as I will be loosing my OBC from Bermuda cruise...:mad:

(we have a 9 day booked with Carnival for 2010 -Quebec!!...but the Dawn itinerary is different..so would be good!)

Here is an example of the bargains. On May 4 a $1299 pp Alaska cruise will be $399. Deals up to 81% off. Sounds like a good deal to me. No Caribbean.

I did see an icon for Bermuda and the Bahamas. :confused:

For those who have done this before, how will the "private preview" work on Monday? Do we just need the code and apply it? Do they load the rates at Midnight on Sunday? Just curious........

good question...would like to know also...

Good luck to us both!;)

so last time I booked a Canada cruise about July 4 ended up being the best pricing time frame. That was on Princess what do you think for NCL??

currently, mine are nearly $1K higher, yet i called NCL & was told the rate code won't produce valid rates until Monday online:confused:

I got the e-mail everyone's referring to and it seemed very clear to me - Preview Sale is Monday the 4th May, Sale 5th May. Why do so many posters here seem puzzled that they can't get any answers from TAs or NCL re: sale prices and/or don't see any price reductions online yet? Today is the 1st of May - Preview Sale - Monday, 4th May - I'll be looking at prices on Monday.

If I'm wrong and there is a way to preview a preview then, please let me know? We've got a cruise booked for October but I'm never adverse to checking out other tempting offerings from NCL;)

Just noticed this morning that the price for the AC suite on the Spirit has gone up from yesterday. Will NCL raise prices to be able to lower prices for the one day sale? Any thoughts?
Unfortunately, I've seen them do exactly that on several other promo's!:(

I got the e-mail everyone's referring to and it seemed very clear to me - Preview Sale is Monday the 4th May, Sale 5th May. Why do so many posters here seem puzzled that they can't get any answers from TAs or NCL re: sale prices and/or don't see any price reductions online yet? Today is the 1st of May - Preview Sale - Monday, 4th May - I'll be looking at prices on Monday.

If I'm wrong and there is a way to preview a preview then, please let me know? We've got a cruise booked for October but I'm never adverse to checking out other tempting offerings from NCL;)

im now able to click thru the email link to price (using only 2 guests for guarantee cabin).

when i try to price for what i need (family of 3) the rates disappear:rolleyes:

probably cheaper to book 2 GTY cabins for a family, unfortunately, no assurance of getting them linked i guess:confused:

I don't know, but when the last "sale" happened, I looked before and during the "promotion" and nothing happened - I never figured out how to see the promotion, I don't think there was any. I asked in CC as well but I don't think there was any promotion. Nobody understood where the promotion was or how to use it. They just say that but in the end the prices are always the same. They probably don't realise that they give a bad image of themselves, irritate clients who have already booked who think they did a bad deal and waste everybody's time. I guess it must make them earn more costumers but I wonder if it's worth it due to all the bad image they "promote".

It has been my experience that the best prices during this "sale" will be on sailings not as popular as others and is not an across the board event.

Of the more popular sailing dates, the prices will be put up $100 or so per person in the next couple of days and during the "sale" they will be on "sale" for the same as they are now. I have watched this happen again and again but we still like NCL very much so I just book our cruises when I feel comfortable with a price.

It does work out a little bit better if the "sale" included an OBC. I would still rather have a reduced fare than an reduced deposit or OBC.

I posted here at the time of the last 1 day "sale" and was actually quite annoyed --- we were flexible with dates and still couldn't find any savings on a cruise we were interested in. The only real savings at that time were on the smaller ships on the less desirable dates --- an early May cruise to Bermuda on the Majesty, for instance. Anyway, I'll be looking closely but I'm not too optimistic.......

I'm among those confused about how people are getting rates already? Won't the lower prices show up on the 4th & 5th? If the prices are the same right now, isn't that because it's not showing the sale prices??

that's how I think too ....but maybe I am missing something :confused:

With the code found on the promo page, I get the following error this morning: "Promo code not found. Best Fare rates are being presented."

Otherwise, the fares look the same, some even higher, than they have been the last couple of weeks. Is the private preview only for TA, and I should contact them?

As others have hinted, this sale is as clear as mud.

With the code found on the promo page, I get the following error this morning: "Promo code not found. Best Fare rates are being presented."

Otherwise, the fares look the same, some even higher, than they have been the last couple of weeks. Is the private preview only for TA, and I should contact them?

As others have hinted, this sale is as clear as mud.

I just checked this morning, (5/4) and the prices are the same; so where's the big savings. I checked three cruises to the Bahamas, 7/27, 8/3, 8/10 and the prices are the same as what I saw over the weekend. :(

Archived