taking alcohol on board

Yes, Thomson seems to be very reasonable in this respect - I don't think you are restricted in terms of taking alcohol on board - or buying it from the duty free on board (not sure if the duty free isn't open on ex-uk sailings - certainly we've been on some cruises where the duty free doesn't open - does anyone else know for sure?). Of course, I assume they intend you to drink it in your own cabin - not the bars!!!! But they don't seem to operate the draconian policies which I understand some cruise lines adopt - 'confiscating' shore purchases and 'saving' your duty free on board purchases until you disembark!! All credit to Thomson!

certainly we've been on some cruises where the duty free doesn't open - does anyone else know for sure?.

Hi Kruzseeka

The Duty Free on board can't open when a cruise is wholly within EU. If it goes outside they can.

Eddie :)

Yes, Thomson seems to be very reasonable in this respect - I don't think you are restricted in terms of taking alcohol on board - or buying it from the duty free on board (not sure if the duty free isn't open on ex-uk sailings - certainly we've been on some cruises where the duty free doesn't open - does anyone else know for sure?). Of course, I assume they intend you to drink it in your own cabin - not the bars!!!! But they don't seem to operate the draconian policies which I understand some cruise lines adopt - 'confiscating' shore purchases and 'saving' your duty free on board purchases until you disembark!! All credit to Thomson!

What! No naughty room?-jocap.

Hi Kruzseeka

The Duty Free on board can't open when a cruise is wholly within EU. If it goes outside they can.

Eddie :)

Ah!, so now we know why they call at Agadir on the Canaries cruises, If they did not there would be no duty free.

Archived