How does Chops work?

They replaced your entrees and gave you a free bottle of wine and an apology. Sounds like a good experience to me. ;) Glad the filet and veggies were good though.

I think it was an isolated service issue also. Not a commentary on the food IMO.

However, that could be the entire part of the equation for some & partly for others.

Anyhow, every1 is different & I look to comment on my own first time experience this coming month.

And if you believe that, I've got some nice ocean-front property right outside of Phoenix . . . .

The $25 is advertised as INCLUDING the gratuity - although most people do choose to leave more. Seeing the quality of food served in Chops (have you ever actually eaten there?) vs. the quality of food served in the MDR, how can anyone possibly believe that there is no upcharge for the actual food and individual preparation? Sorry, I just don't get it.

Well said. I too don't understand why some people on these boards keep erroenously claiming that the entire $25 is a gratuity.

And if you believe that, I've got some nice ocean-front property right outside of Phoenix . . . .

The $25 is advertised as INCLUDING the gratuity - although most people do choose to leave more. Seeing the quality of food served in Chops (have you ever actually eaten there?) vs. the quality of food served in the MDR, how can anyone possibly believe that there is no upcharge for the actual food and individual preparation? Sorry, I just don't get it.

I agree. It makes no sense to think that the cruiseline is offering better food at extra cost to themselves and giving all 25.00 to the servers:rolleyes: This has been debated over and over here, and it will be again and again.......

Is it me or is there way to much 'caring' about where the money goes after it leaves your pocket...:rolleyes:

Personally I would only care if & when it comes into my pockets.

My husband and I are not meat-eaters. Are there enough seafood items on the menu to choose from? All I'd need is one nice piece of fish! ;)

Just go to the Royal Caribbean web site and you can view the menu for Chops and Portofinos. Then you can decide if there are enough options to make it worthtwhile the surcharge for you.

My DH and I did Chops on our first Radiance cruise. It was such a wonderful romantic experience! The service was better than any fine restaurant I've ever been to and the food was delicious.

On our 2nd Radiance cruise we went twice. Every time we've gone we've had a window table. The views were wonderful. The only time we've been to Portofino's was the Murder Mystery Dinner which was a lot of fun and the food was great there too.

I'm taking my Mom on the Radiance in October for her 75th birthday and I plan on taking her to Chops to celebrate. I will talk to the Maitre d when we board to request a window seat (although I never did before - just lucky I guess)

As far as the surcharge being the tip - we were told that too by the Maitre d when we made our first reservation. The service was so wonderful each and every time we've gone that we've always tipped extra in cash. I hope by doing it that way it actually went to the waiter and assistant. Our experience has been truly fabulous service.

Edit: I was too full for desert the last time at Chops and they insisted on wrapping it to go.. it was so yummy on the balcony before bed!

Archived