Help! First Cruise!

I need some help! My boyfriend and I are leaving on May 11th for the Imagination cruise to Key West and now to the Bahamas. I was just reading on the Carnival Website that "Luggage Tags" are needed to be attached to the outside of your bags before you leave to ensure that your checked luggage gets to the correct room. I'm not sure where I can find those on the website! Anyone have an idea of where they are?

Also, do you suggest self embarkation and self dembarkation? Not sure if it's better to let them take care of it or just do it ourselves. Any suggestions about the cruise at all would be greatly appreciated. I feel soooo lost! Thanks in advance!

Krystal:p

Congrats on going on your 1st cruise.

Yes luggage tags are needed. You should of got them in your docs packet unless you chose online docs. If you did that you need to go to https://mydocuments.carnival.com/signin.aspx. Then you put your info in and go to the last page and you print out how many luggage tags you need.

As for the luggage, I would use the porters in the beginning and put the luggage outside your room on the last night. It is so much easier in the beginning to not worry about the luggage since you can't get to your room before 1:30 pm. At the end it is easier too becuase you have to leave your room by 8:30 and then you would have to lug your luggage around the ship with you. So it is so much easier to have them take care of your luggage for you.

I need some help! My boyfriend and I are leaving on May 11th for the Imagination cruise to Key West and now to the Bahamas. I was just reading on the Carnival Website that "Luggage Tags" are needed to be attached to the outside of your bags before you leave to ensure that your checked luggage gets to the correct room. I'm not sure where I can find those on the website! Anyone have an idea of where they are?

Also, do you suggest self embarkation and self dembarkation? Not sure if it's better to let them take care of it or just do it ourselves. Any suggestions about the cruise at all would be greatly appreciated. I feel soooo lost! Thanks in advance!

Tags, you can print with your documents

self embarkation & dembarkation, depends on the amount of luggage you have. I prefer to just let them do it all.

Relax! Everything will be fine. Lots of people have trouble finding the tags on line but they are there at the end, page 7 I think. Let them take your luggage off so you don't have to lug it around until you do get off. It's much easier, I've done both and now only let them take my luggage the last night.

Again, don't forget to have an outfit to wear off the ship!

Again, don't forget to have an outfit to wear off the ship!

LorrieB said she heard them say that so she left out a outfit, she didnt leave a pair of shoes out. She had to go to eat breakfast the next morning in the buffet barefoot and get off the ship barefoot.

We like to do the self-debarkation. We're both young, healthy, and have packing lightly down to a science. We also like taking a relatively early flight back, if we're flying to our departure port, so we take no chances and are off the ship as early as possible.

Agree with JessicaRN-- we like to take our luggage off ourselves. We usually have an early flight home, so it's best for us.

However, we give them everything but my purse and camera when we get onboard. I don't want to have to carry things around the ship until our cabin is ready.

Have fun on your cruise-- welcome to the addiction.

On the Glory we handed out luggage to the porters on embarkation day.

We did self disembarkation and were off the ship by 730am, had to pick up the rental car and get back to Orlando as fast as possible.

Also, don't forget to take something out the night before to wear the next day. I've read on here where people have forgot that.

Have fun.

I once packed up all of my husband's shoes without realizing it. He had to walk off the ship the next morning in his bare feet and was not real happy about it. At least I made that mistake in Hawaii where it looked a bit more "normal" than New York or Canada!

Also, put what you might need for your first afternoon on board in your carry on because you might not get all the luggage delivered to your room for awhile. I always put the bathing suits and whatever we're wearing to dinner the first night in the carry on.

You get the luggage tags from the cruise line. There is no such thing as self embarkation. You may self debark when the cruise is over. However, you must take your own luggage. All of it. Have a nice time.

Archived