Diamond Lounge

Now that RCI has the new policy which includes a Diamond event each night from 5 to 8 with 25% off drinks, wine and champagne complimentary. Does anybody know if the ships that have the Diamond Lounge, will they be charging for the drinks, or will they be complimentary as always? Or we may not know the answer till September!!

Now that RCI has the new policy which includes a Diamond event each night from 5 to 8 with 25% off drinks, wine and champagne complimentary. Does anybody know if the ships that have the Diamond Lounge, will they be charging for the drinks, or will they be complimentary as always? Or we may not know the answer till September!!

From everything I have read, any ship that has a separate Diamond Lounge like the Freedom and Oasis classes, they will function the way they always have with free drinks each night. The only ships that will have the separate Diamond function 25% off drinks are the ships that don't have the separate DL lounge built into the ship.

From everything I have read, any ship that has a separate Diamond Lounge like the Freedom and Oasis classes, they will function the way they always have with free drinks each night. The only ships that will have the separate Diamond function 25% off drinks are the ships that don't have the separate DL lounge built into the ship.

Definitely.

Could you please let me know where you found this new policy. Have checked the C & A section on the RCCI website and can't find anything. There are an awful lot of people here in the UK who are still unaware of the changes to the Concierge Lounge, we would not know if I did not post on Cruise Critics. We have not been given any information by the cruise line either by e-mail or snail mail. Thanks

Could you please let me know where you found this new policy. Have checked the C & A section on the RCCI website and can't find anything. There are an awful lot of people here in the UK who are still unaware of the changes to the Concierge Lounge, we would not know if I did not post on Cruise Critics. We have not been given any information by the cruise line either by e-mail or snail mail. Thanks

"Member Benefits Changes effective on sailings on or after September 1, 2009

Starting September 1st there will be some changes to our Crown & Anchor Society benefits. Crown & Anchor members will continue to receive their most valued benefits such as discounts on cruises, savings certificates and priority boarding and departure. Our Platinum and Diamond members also will continue to receive discounts on balcony and suite category staterooms including the recently introduced upgraded services and amenities for suite guests.

The changes include:

A new Ultimate Value Booklet with coupons for various onboard amenities.

An upgraded wine tasting event at a special price

A new exclusive nightly event for Diamond and Diamond Plus members to meet and mingle with other fellow members on ships without a Diamond Lounge. This will feature complimentary wine, champagne and a happy hour discount of 25% off all other beverages.

A continental breakfast with a crew member available to provide services such as obtaining ice show tickets and other assistance.

Due to limited capacity, the Concierge Lounge has not been able to accommodate our growing membership, challenging our ability to provide the optimum experience for our guests. Therefore the Concierge Lounge will now be accessible to our guests staying in Grand Suites and above and Diamond Plus guests only. Diamond Members cruising on Freedom Class ships, Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas will continue to be able to experience exclusive access to a dedicated Diamond Lounge on these ships, which feature a complimentary 'happy hour' from 5-8:30pm daily.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Royal Caribbean. For the convenience of all our Crown &Anchor members, the following chart outlines all benefits, starting September 1. If you are cruising between now and September 1 and have questions about your benefits please contact the Crown & Anchor Society at 1-800-526-9723 or e-mail then at crownandanchor@rccl.com."

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do;jsessionid=0000h6S0Zb08yBltwczb5Bpp4HB:13hldcgo7?cS=NAVBAR

Sandancer I had an e-mail from the C&A UK office last week telling me about the new changes for diamond members in the small print it says that at the Captains/Welcome Back party drinks are available to purchase so it seems there are no more free drinks at the cocktail party we will have to wait and see on that one.

I called C&A twice and was told both times that the Freedom class ships which all have existing Diamond lounges will be run just as they always have with no charge for ALL drinks at the 5-8:30 cocktail hour. We are also sailing in Sept.(on Liberty) so we shall see if the info I was given is correct!

A new exclusive nightly event for Diamond and Diamond Plus members to meet and mingle with other fellow members on ships without a Diamond Lounge. This will feature complimentary wine, champagne and a happy hour discount of 25% off all other beverages.

This is different from before in which it was to be only one night. This was done due to the enermous basklast from all Diamond, Diamond Plus members.

This is different from before in which it was to be only one night. This was done due to the enermous basklast from all Diamond, Diamond Plus members.

I'm pleased that the community spoke up and responded to the policy changes...the Diamond Lounge has been one of our favorite benefits. Some fixate on the alcohol, but we've met so many other new friends in those Diamond lounges and have learned so much about so many things from so many interesting people. That being said, the alcohol does increase the traffic into the lounge which allows more people to interact...

Having some food and a helpful and gracious RCI staff member are also important. (They have been great so far...!)

WE were told the Loyalty ambassador will be hosting the new Diamond facility so it will have nothing to do with the Concierge.

That is not a change and has been the way things have been done since the first Diamond Lounge was established on the Freedom of the Seas and subsequently on her two sisters. The loyalty ambassador and his/her staff perform the same functions that the concierge does in the concierge club. It is a difference in name only, or as some might say: " a distinction without a difference".:)

That is not a change and has been the way things have been done since the first Diamond Lounge was established on the Freedom of the Seas and subsequently on her two sisters. The loyalty ambassador and his/her staff perform the same functions that the concierge does in the concierge club. It is a difference in name only, or as some might say: " a distinction without a difference".:)
I thought it was a separate DL Concierge -- that's the way it was when we sailed FOS in 2008 and IOS in January. The Loyalty Ambassador was another person.

Due to our own economic downturn,we'll be lucky to switch from Liberty in August to the Mariner:( Pardon me for asking, but just to be clear....we just received Diamond status. We know the Mariner does NOT have a Diamond Lounge. So, if we sail Mariner this August , as new Diamond members, do we have any Lounge benefit anwhere on the ship? I understand the new rules that are coming in September. I'm going to be real bummed if we don't received any extra perk. OH ya, we'll be booked in a JS. I get the whole Grand Suite and above perks.

Thanks for replying!

D+ will get into the CL with the suites. This new offering only effects Diamond members.

I'm pleased that the community spoke up and responded to the policy changes...

I guess it is true that the squeeky wheel gets the grease. I was told by C&A last week that they are still evaluating the policy of non-combinality of "offers/benefits" etc. I guess we need to make feeling known about that too.

Never said it was a change :rolleyes:

as it is a new facility how could it be anyway? :confused:

So have I got this right....Since we're sailing BEFORE the new rules of September 1st. Our newly acquired Diamond Status will just get us ONE NIGHTLY EVENT for the ENTIRE WEEK of our August 2009 vacation? Again, we'll be in a JS. If this is correct, I just gotta say that stinks:(

Thank goodness!

We typically feed the RCCL machine by hiring a babysitter and spending an hour in the diamond lounge prior to dinner. With the removal of Diamond access to the lounge, we figured we would just stay in the cabin and hire the sitter for 2 hours instead of 3. This was a bit distressing as we have a 3 week cruise planned for the fall of 2010. We were very upset that we would not have access to a lounge for pre dinner cocktails. Im happy that they came thru and provided us with an option.

Thanks to all the CC members who participated by voicing their opinion in some way! :)

markmom18- you are sailing in aug 2009 , right? so you will get the use of the concierge lounge all week of your mariner cruise- the new rules take effect sept 1 2009- so you should be fine-

So have I got this right....Since we're sailing BEFORE the new rules of September 1st. Our newly acquired Diamond Status will just get us ONE NIGHTLY EVENT for the ENTIRE WEEK of our August 2009 vacation? Again, we'll be in a JS. If this is correct, I just gotta say that stinks:(

No , for your cruise everything is as it was i.e you will have access to the CL , depending on numbers the cocktail hour maybe held in a lounge other than the CL..

The planned changes for 1st July were scrapped and put back 'til 1st September with some tweeking mainly due to the furore it caused and the lack of notice for some.

We just had the new revised Diamond /D+ coupon book on our Navigator TA , it stinks. The version number was 13 and dated 04/09.

Archived