New Menus for 7-Day Cruises

kimchee1212

It doesn't look like there is a lot of vegeterian options. I'm not a vegeterian so I've never really paid much attention before. However, my friend who is coming along on my next cruise is a vegeterian, so I wanted to make sure there were still good options. Is the second pasta dish (that is different every night) meatless?

It doesn't look like there is a lot of vegeterian options. I'm not a vegeterian so I've never really paid much attention before. However' date=' my friend who is coming along on my next cruise is a vegeterian, so I wanted to make sure there were still good options. Is the second pasta dish (that is different every night) meatless?[/quote']

I do know that in the past, whatever pasta they had for the evening was also made vegeterian.

It sounds like they kept all the yummy things that I like and have added a few more interesting alternatives. Princess without a question, in my opinion after sailing once on Celebrity and most recently on Royal Caribbean, has the best, most interesting food/menus. The pasta dishes are always great and I appreciate that the meat/fish entrees are fresh and well prepared, not overcooked and dry. I enjoy the Italian influence to all the menus. That being said, the escargot and the goat cheese souffle are unsurpassed. Cudos to Princess!

It doesn't look like there is a lot of vegeterian options. I'm not a vegeterian so I've never really paid much attention before. However' date=' my friend who is coming along on my next cruise is a vegeterian, so I wanted to make sure there were still good options. Is the second pasta dish (that is different every night) meatless?[/quote']

Your friend should definitely specify that she is a vegetarian in the Cruise Personalizer, I believe that she'll get a special menu.

Thanks for the info. Looks like steak is off the "always available" menu?

I heard that New York Strip was added to the menu for anytime, but I'm not sure.

There are always the Beef Filet Medallions, though :D

That did it... we were going to avoid formal nights and just eat at the Horizon Court to keep our packing lighter, but it looks like I'll be packing a dress after all. (Guess I'll be packing extra pounds one way or the other!:D)

There is always a vegetarian entree option (aside from requesting that evening's pasta be made without meat), and of course, there are vegetarian options for starters and soups and salads (duh!). If you look more closely at the menus, you'll see that the last-listed entree on each evening's menu is a vegetarian one: the first one was Moroccan vegetable ragu.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this. I'll be Alaska bound on the Island in June and was trying to decide what night to go to Sabatini's (or if I should go). The menu's (presented as you did) will really help us decide.

Does anyone know if these will be the menu's on the Island?

Thanks so much to everyone. CC is the best!!!

Thank you so much for posting the menus. I was looking for some for our Emerald cruise in October and this is perfect to give us an idea of what to expect!

Now the only thing this thread needs is PHOTOS!!! :)

Hi Kimchee1212

That was so very sweet of you to take the time to share the new menus with all of us. I did have a giggle over the “Rum –Infested Pina Colada Soup’” …rum infested describes some of my travel companions beautifully! That soup will be a big hit with them. Thank you for giving us so much to look forward to. I can’t wait to try all the new dishes.

Thanks for the reminder about putting her veggie status on her cruise personalizer. I know that the soups and appetizers had veggie options, but I wanted to know about the entrees. She ends up ordering from the soup and appetizer menu a lot when we go out. I know she'll be fine, but I will remind her to put it in her personalizer!

Thanks for taking the time to type all of this out. I do have a question and please excuse my ignorance but on the Chef's Dinner Menu, course 5, what exactly is the Menage a Trois?

I told my wife that is the reason you pay extra for this.

Bob

Just how much extra!!!!

Archived