New Menus for 7-Day Cruises

kimchee1212

Unfortunately some people seem to think that even having one or two fish dishes on the menu each evening are one or two too many....

*raises hand* Yep.... ;)

*ducks flying butter pats*

Unfortunately some people seem to think that even having one or two fish dishes on the menu each evening are one or two too many....

*raises hand* Yep.... ;)

*ducks flying butter pats*

LOL I'm not a fish eater and am allergic to shellfish, but I don't begrudge those who like it....as long as there is something else for me to eat.

I've already told my family if there's no entree for me, I'll just eat dessert. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks SOOOOOOOOO much for posting these menus. It did take a lot of time and work and everyone who sails on the Sapphire will certainly appreciate it...as do I!

One thing I was wondering about is....why Meat Loaf? I would think that would be offered at the buffet. I guess the DH and I like a bit more gourmet type foods when on a cruise for dinner than Meat Loaf. Glad that there are a lot of other options that night.

Again..thanks for typing/posting these menus.

We just got off a B2B on the Coral to Alaska and my husband had the meatloaf both nights. It was very tasty and after ALL that heavy rich food, all American classic food tasty might good! I believe the new menus are fleetwide as that was the same food we were offered. We did miss French night, however by special request the wonderful french onion soup was made for us on the last night.

Thanks SOOOOOOOOO much for posting these menus. It did take a lot of time and work and everyone who sails on the Sapphire will certainly appreciate it...as do I!

One thing I was wondering about is....why Meat Loaf? I would think that would be offered at the buffet. I guess the DH and I like a bit more gourmet type foods when on a cruise for dinner than Meat Loaf. Glad that there are a lot of other options that night.

Again..thanks for typing/posting these menus.

Just got off of the Golden. The meatloaf is part of their "homestyle selections" They have a homestyle entree every single night. We never did try it, but one of our table mates did and really liked it.:)

• 3 weeks later...

I just read through all those menus again, remembering what I ate every ngiht of my cruise (which was 8/01-8/08 on the Sapphire). Only problem is, the French/Mediterranean night never happened - at least, not in the Savoy dining room! I know I would have eaten escargot and duck a l'orange if they'd been available...but for the life of me, now I can't remember what I did eat that night - although I know my 15 yr old had catfish. Hmmm....

By the way, even with my fish/shellfish problems, I always found something wonderful to eat and my DH and older son enjoyed lots of fish, which I don't fix at home! :D

I just read through all those menus again, remembering what I ate every ngiht of my cruise (which was 8/01-8/08 on the Sapphire). Only problem is, the French/Mediterranean night never happened - at least, not in the Savoy dining room! I know I would have eaten escargot and duck a l'orange if they'd been available...but for the life of me, now I can't remember what I did eat that night - although I know my 15 yr old had catfish. Hmmm....

By the way, even with my fish/shellfish problems, I always found something wonderful to eat and my DH and older son enjoyed lots of fish, which I don't fix at home! :D

Haha, yes. The French and Med night was scrapped for me too in Alaska. They replaced it with the Alaskan Dinner. Yum :)

Haha, yes. The French and Med night was scrapped for me too in Alaska. They replaced it with the Alaskan Dinner. Yum :)

I have no idea what they replaced it with for us...cuz I don't remember Alaskan night either (and I would have remembered all that shellfish around me!!! LOL).

I should ask my kids...they'd probably remember...

Just got off of the Golden. The meatloaf is part of their "homestyle selections" They have a homestyle entree every single night. We never did try it, but one of our table mates did and really liked it.:)

Is the homestyle selections part of the main menu or a separate menu? (I read it included southern fried chicken so want to make I can order it on my upcoming cruise.) :cool:

I have no idea what they replaced it with for us...cuz I don't remember Alaskan night either (and I would have remembered all that shellfish around me!!! LOL).

I should ask my kids...they'd probably remember...

Haha. For us, it was on the third night, and they moved Italian to the fourth.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I was on the Sapphire shortly after they introduced the new menu. It was MUCH better than the old menu. The French Onion Soup was... incredibly good, better than I've had anywhere else that I can remember. I tried the homestyle menu item, meatloaf, and it was disgusting. I know food can be very subjective but I have NEVER had meatloaf that was light pink, mushy and tasted like Spam. And, it had a mushroom sauce. Give me a good, well-cooked meatloaf with a tomato paste crust and I'm in heaven but this was downright awful.

What a bummer on the meatloaf.:( I love a good meatloaf. Pink and mushy doesn't cut it for me. :mad:Tasted like spam.:eek: Save that Spam for Hawaii. I can handle the mushroom sauce but tomato paste crust is better.

We just got off a B2B on the Coral to Alaska and my husband had the meatloaf both nights. It was very tasty and after ALL that heavy rich food, all American classic food tasty might good!

Yes, because meatloaf is known to be so light and refreshing.....

:confused::eek::D

Maybe it was just me ...but we just experienced this menu on the Ruby. and was disappointed by the selections. Although we did not go hungry...we would have liked more

variety in the menu choices....it seems a little heavy on the fish/lamb/pork and really really light on beef....Usually there is at least 1 beef selection in the regular menu every night.

Food was tasty however....

On the 12 night Mediterranean cruises would they have that 7 night menu plus maybe more Mediterranean themed nights? Does any one know?

I was wondering about the menu order for the 12-night Mediterranean cruises too! It might be a long shot, but does anyone know?

Archived