Can we bring a case of bottled water on board?

dianeholly

We're boarding the CB leaving from Brooklyn in June. We live in NYC, so we're driving to the port. My DH can't live without his favorite bottled water and would love to bring a case on board.

1. Will they allow this?

2. And if they do, could we attach a luggage tag to it and have it sent to our room?

3. Or can we freely carry it on in a shopping bag?

4. Or must we tuck it away in a carry-on case?

Any advice appreciated!

We're boarding the CB leaving from Brooklyn in June. We live in NYC, so we're driving to the port. My DH can't live without his favorite bottled water and would love to bring a case on board.

1. Will they allow this?

2. And if they do, could we attach a luggage tag to it and have it sent to our room?

Any advice appreciated!

yes, x3

Why would you want to?

I just think it a waste of money to buy water. I have a reverse osmosis at home.

On the ships, the water is probably better than the water you buy. It is triple-filtered and most delicious right out of the tap. I get an extra, large bucket of ice.

:cool::D;);):cool:

Thanks so much for all of your responses! What my DH really likes is a lightly flavored sparkling water -- and if that came out of the taps, he'd be in heaven! ;) I, however, drink tap water, so I'll take your advice Crown Prince. And we'll arrive with DH's sparkling water in a shopping bag. Many thanks!

Can you bring nalgene bottles with water then I guess? no security problems liek at the airport. Right?

Oh, I know this wouldn't work if I had to go through the airport. Fortunately, we live in the port city (NYC), so no airports this time. But I did want to confirm that they'd let us on with a case -- and that we wouldn't have to surrender it at the gate (like at the airport).

I assume from the responses here that they'll allow it on board.

we brought on a case of water when we were leaving from a port close to home. we just attached a tag, and no problems. However, before we left I got out my strong package tape and went around the case "several times". I didn't want the case to break open. No problems at all. I did pack a small pair of scissors so I could cut through all the tape I had put around the water!!!

Thanks so much for all of your responses! What my DH really likes is a lightly flavored sparkling water -- and if that came out of the taps, he'd be in heaven! ;) I, however, drink tap water, so I'll take your advice Crown Prince. And we'll arrive with DH's sparkling water in a shopping bag. Many thanks!

I understand the flavoured sparkling water. I usually drink diet Lipton green tea at home, but don't take it with me. I recently discovered the "sparkling" diet Lipton green tea, however, I liked the still better (surprised me, as I like sparkling drinks).

I take a plastic thermos with a wide mouth and a strap (for my shoulder). This is better (hands free) than a bottle. I make fresh lemonade in the Horizon Court, using the sliced lemons that they have for tea, honey, & ice. I carry it around the ship and ashore. You may want to try this.

:cool::cool:;):cool::cool:

I took some bottled water on board once when we were sailing with either Carnival or Royal Carribean. I had many bottles packed up in a roll on cart that I took thru security. They pulled me aside and took out every single bottle, shoke it, and put it back in the bag. It was a bit comical, but I thought this was going to be the new standard due to security issues. So would a case of water be considered one piece of luggage

1. Will they allow this?

Any advice appreciated!

Yes, yes, yes, and if you like! We "checked" an unopened box of San Pelligrino, in glass bottles. No one batted an eyelash, the porters were happy to take it, and it showed up un-injured at our cabin door. Have a wonderful trip :).

Archived