Godfrey Simms in Nassau

4sisters

Who has used Godfrey Simms in Nassau and what was your experience like? Was it a thorough tour, prompt, back to the ship on time, etc? We have a group of 8 considering the Combination Tour which is basically the historical sites and Ardastra Gardens, Atlantis, the Cloisters and lunch at a native Restaurant. Thanks!:)

I was wondering the same. When are you going. I have already booked him for Aug. 13 Thursday. I seen somewhere on this board where some people took him and enjoyed it. I do know the more peole you have the cheaper it is. There is 9 of us. I think he holds 12. We are doing the combination tour with some added sites minus the zoo. Instead of the lunch he said he can take us back to the boat for lunch but we decided we will just eat the Fish Fry. I talk to him on the phone and through e-mails and he sounded very nice and would work out anything you want.

I am sure if you ask him to have you back to the boat 30min-1hr he would make sure.

Anyway I hope someone answer you on your message.

Hey kdh123, there's a group of 8 and we'll be in Nassau on June 21st. We're thinking of doing the Combination Tour. I have emailed him for more details on this one. We're in Nassau for such a short time and I wanted to see as much as possible. I'm the only one of the 8 that's been to Nassau and I still haven't seen a lot. Like you, I have seen on other postings good remarks. I was hoping to get more reassurance. I'm just hesitant booking through an outside source.

4sisters,

Have you heard anything about this tour guide yet? I was hoping there would be someone to chime in about it.

Are you going to book with him? Like I said I have already book but I was hoping someone could reassure me on it.

My mother-in-law and I really want to go on his combo tour on June 27th, but there are only two of us, which isn't worth his while. If we can piggyback on another group, we'd love to!

We'll be there 1 week before you on June 21st. At this point, I'm going to go ahead and take a leap of faith and book the extended city/country tour. We're there for such a short time and feel like we can see the most. Unfortunately there's only 8 of us so it will probably cost a little more. I've got to call him and finalize the details. So far I've emailed him asking a few questions and he always replies promptly. I'll be sure to post after we've taken the excursion so be on the lookout before you go!

phabric, just in case you still need his email address: t516simms@yahoo.com will do the trick. I also have spoken to him on the phone and he seems to be very accommodating and reassuring that he will wait for us to get off the ship (he promised not to leave us) and will get us back in time. I'll definitely post and let you know how it goes. We'll be in Nassau on Sunday, June 21st.

phabric, just in case you still need his email address: t516simms@yahoo.com will do the trick. I also have spoken to him on the phone and he seems to be very accommodating and reassuring that he will wait for us to get off the ship (he promised not to leave us) and will get us back in time. I'll definitely post and let you know how it goes. We'll be in Nassau on Sunday, June 21st.

Thanks for getting back with the email address.

There would only be 3 in our party. My husband and myself have been 2x to Nassau. We went to Atlantis waterpark and once just to walk around the town. We are taking my mother in law(84 years old) and I think a bus tour would be great to see the island. On his website it doesn't say much about his tours. Did he suggest the combination tour or is there other tours and the price? Is the lunch included in the price or do you have to pay yourself?

There always so many taxi drivers when you get off the ship, it is good to have one that is recommended.

Edited by phabric

He actually have different packages. Some that include meals which would cost more or some where you are on your own. The different tours offer depends on what you would like to see and do. We talk to him and express how we like the combo with the tour of city/country but would like some other sites added. We are doing lunch ourselves to save money. We plan on going to the Fish Fry and find something. He did say he would take us back to the boat for lunch if we wanted that route.

I suggest to go to his site and click on services than click on tours, that will take you to different tours which you can click on to see what it involves. If you want to make up your own just let him know and he will do whatever. The tours are different prices. I know the less people it does cost more. There is 9 of us and I know it cost a little more than if there is 12 in your group. Maybe you can find other people going during the time you are going so the cost will be a little less.

I would research his site first and see what you would like to do than call or e-mail him.

I too spoke to him this week and worked out our tour for 8 of us. We're basically doing the extended city and country tour and he quoted me $50 pp. We're in Nassau such a short time so we'll do lunch on our own as we have to be back on ship by 1:30. He did tell me his price included the tickets for Ardastra Gardens which I thought was fantastic. You should go to your roll call and see if someone on your sailing would like to be included. I'm really looking forward to it!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I leave in a week and was wondering if anyone had recently come back from Nassau and may have used Godfrey Simms while they were there. I'm probably worrying way to much, but had a bad experience in Jamaica using an independent service; so trying to be somewhat cautious. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We're back from our cruise. The weather was perfect as was everything except that it went too quickly! Our tour with Godfrey Simms was excellent. He was a lot of fun, very informational and made sure when he dropped us off that we knew exactly where to go and exactly where he would pick us up. I personally would skip the Ardastra Gardens. There are several animals (birds) that some may find interesting as did one of my neices; but the gardens are not well maintained at all. We did go to Atlantis for about an hour which I would like more time there. Unfortunately 1 sister got sick so when Godfrey picked us up, he took her straight back and dropped us off at the Hard Rock as we didn't have much time. He was very accommodating at altering the tour to do what we wanted! I would definitely contact him again!

My family and I just got back from cruising on the Carnival Freedom. We booked a private tour with Godfrey and could not have been happier. He is a wonderful person, gave us a great tour and stopped whenever and where ever we wanted. You will not be disappointed.

• 1 month later...

Just got back from my cruise. Had a blast.

We use Godfrey as our guide. I highly recommend him. We got to see the whole island and learn so much. He took us to all the sites we ask plus some he suggested. We got to see all the beaches and even got to get out in the water. We seen the caves with bats. If we seen something we wanted to stop and take pictures and check out he was please to stop and let us do it at our leisure time. This tour was very laid back. He took us to a place to eat where the locals eat and it was great. He pick us up at port, had a sign with our name. His van was very clean and yes air conditioning. There was 9 of us---which 3 was kids. He was very good with them. Very sweet, kind man.

Will be using him again.

My brother-in-law just booked Godfrey for 6 of us when we go in December. We are leaving out the zoo part and having lunch in town as part of the package. Thanks for all the positives on this tour guide. We have never been to the Bahamas before and was a little nervous about using a private service.

My brother-in-law just booked Godfrey for 6 of us when we go in December. We are leaving out the zoo part and having lunch in town as part of the package. Thanks for all the positives on this tour guide. We have never been to the Bahamas before and was a little nervous about using a private service.

You are going to have a blast. Wish I was going back.

• 6 years later...