Ecstasy B2B Cruise to Nowhere

I consider this review a well balanced' date=' thoughtout, and constructive representation of what a challenging cruise must really be like. Thanks for taking the time to write it. I agree that Carnival's honesty at Embarkation might have gone a long way and I don't buy it that they didn't know about the advisory before embarkation.[/quote']

agree re: review...

me and the new wife were on the Elation the night of the 27th when they told us around 9pm we would not be going into Ensenada the next day (28th)... don't know why your guys didn't tell you when we got the news...

agree re: review...

me and the new wife were on the Elation the night of the 27th when they told us around 9pm we would not be going into Ensenada the next day (28th)... don't know why your guys didn't tell you when we got the news...

Thanks.

That is the question. Why did it take over 24 hours to say something to us?

Here is Carnival's reply on our cruise to nowhere.

051209_int_Header_CTA_CarnivalLogo_Blue.gif 051209_int_Header_TopRight_Blue.gif

May 14, 2009

Dear Guest, I want to take this opportunity to welcome you home and to thank you for sailing with us on the April 27th sailing of the Carnival Ecstasy.

I realize many vacations are chosen because of a specific itinerary and I sincerely regret we were not able to deliver the itinerary of your choice. The H1N1 influenza situation occurring in Mexico escalated quickly and the CDC advisory issued at 7:00 pm on Monday, April 27th left us with no alternative but to take immediate action and cancel the port calls in Mexico.

I empathize with your disappointment and want to extend my sincere apologies for this disruption to your vacation. I recognize many of you were unhappy with the manner in which we handled this situation. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we regret we did not meet your expectations in this regard. I want to assure you, however, that we made our decisions with your best interests in mind given our commitment to the health and safety of our guests and crew. Considerable time was spent by my team researching port substitutions. Regrettably there were no other viable ports of calls available to us.

I now realize these changes had a more substantial impact on your cruise experience than I had anticipated, and it was not the memorable vacation we had hoped to provide. We value our relationship with you and hope we can win back your confidence. We would welcome the opportunity of having you sail with us again and hope you will accept our offer of a 50% cruise fare discount on a future 3 to 5 day vacation, departing before December 2010.

Please make your reservations in your usual manner and inform your agent (or Carnival) of the discount at the time of reservation.

Most importantly, I want to thank you for choosing Carnival and look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back on one of our ships.

Sincerely,

gcahill3.jpg

Gerry Cahill

President & CEO

Congrats on the discount! I hope it takes some of the sting out.

My experience has been that Carnival likes to keep the customer in the dark - I don't understand this as it always causes more of a backlash than an upfront disclosure that a problem exists. I learned this practice on my first cruise when we were sitting in Jamaica at near midnight without an announcement. I see it repeated on a regular basis in reviews.

I was on the Ecstasy cruise leaving April 27 and just got the email about the future cruise discount. Just made my day! Definitely takes some of the sting out- I don't think I would have cruised with Carnival again had they not sent the email and addressed the problem.

WOOHOOOO Carnival has taken that bad taste out of my mouth they left..HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY Thanks Carnival for restoring my faith..:D:D:D

I am so glad that Carnival came through for ya'll, and I hope, and am sure they will do the same for everyone else that was in the same situation.

It just might take them a while to get to everyone.

Happy Birthday again to G!

Congrats on the discount! I hope it takes some of the sting out.

My experience has been that Carnival likes to keep the customer in the dark - I don't understand this as it always causes more of a backlash than an upfront disclosure that a problem exists. I learned this practice on my first cruise when we were sitting in Jamaica at near midnight without an announcement. I see it repeated on a regular basis in reviews.

Perhaps experience has shown them to not move, change, or speak too quickly, circumstances do seem to change often and without notice.

Perhaps experience has shown them to not move, change, or speak too quickly, circumstances do seem to change often and without notice.

I don't buy it. You can make a generic informational statement without binding yourself to any particular course of action.

I don't buy it. You can make a generic informational statement without binding yourself to any particular course of action.

Unfortunetly, 3000 passanger will hear and understand that generic infomational statement 3000 differant ways. Just have to read these threads for awhile to realize that.

wow I would have been happy had carnival offered me half that for my cruise with "issues". Terrific that they came to bat for you.

I am thrilled! On the ship i got a little upset but deep down i just knew Carnival would do something..Then i get home and heard everyone saying Carnival will do nothing for us and Princess gave 50% well then i got a lot upset guess i should just listened to my instincts and i would have not stressed out about it. If only they had told us on the ship even a 30% but i guess that's the way Carnival does it.I will know next time.And i know already we will sail the triumph from New Orleans with this discount.

Unfortunetly, 3000 passanger will hear and understand that generic infomational statement 3000 differant ways. Just have to read these threads for awhile to realize that.

You can't please all people no matter what.

But being truthful in the beginning would have gone a long ways.

I am thrilled! On the ship i got a little upset but deep down i just knew Carnival would do something..Then i get home and heard everyone saying Carnival will do nothing for us and Princess gave 50% well then i got a lot upset guess i should just listened to my instincts and i would have not stressed out about it. If only they had told us on the ship even a 30% but i guess that's the way Carnival does it.I will know next time.And i know already we will sail the triumph from New Orleans with this discount.

I dont think this is a standard way of doing things? I wouldnt count on it next time as it could be something completely different in the way they handle it. Im glad they came thru for you, but you cant count on it another time imo. Just say you got lucky and whoo hoooo.

Thanks for taking the time to post your review.

Your frustration and disappointment with the second leg is understandable. I'm glad there were still lots of highlights!!

You can't please all people no matter what.

But being truthful in the beginning would have gone a long ways.

I agree. Personally, I would rather hear the worst truth than nothing at all, or a lie. Glad they did come through in the end though.

Archived