Can we cancell and rebook a different cruise for the same week?

gman5613

We are sailing on the Inspriation leaving June 1st. We are now going to be in Caymen Islands for two days. We are kinda bummed about not seeing two different ports. This is our first cruise and was looking forward to Cozemel. There is a 5 night cruise out of Miami that is going to three different ports. Is there a way to cancell one cruise and rebook another one? Is the Destiny a better cruise ship than the Inspiration? We really don't know what to do. I know we are going to have fun no matter what!! I really just don't want to be in the same place for two days. We have two boys 6 and 8! Thanks!!!:)

Normally you can, in the present circumstances it is hard to say though.

The Inspiration with the on board water park would be better for your boys then the Destiny in my opinion.

On the other hand, if the Destiny ports are Grand Turk, HMC and Nassau, Half Moon Cay makes the switch worth it.

I agree that your boys will love Waterworks on Inspiration. I would be happy to go to Grand Cayman two days in a row, but since it's a tender port and can be rough, you take the chance of not getting ashore.

Sounds like you have until May 7th to cancel or accept the change, so I don't see why they wouldn't just apply your credit to Destiny if that's what you want to do.

You'll be giving up an OBC for the change too, right?

This is so hard! I think my boys would enjoy the inspiration better than the destiny but I think we would love Half Moon Cay!! And getting to go to 3 different places sounds great! What to do!! I guess we will think about it a couple of days and see what the price difference ends up being!

If this is your first cruise, you should be fine on Inspiration. You need time to explore the ship and all it has to offer. A cruise isn't just about ports, it's about the ship, too. EM

This is so hard! I think my boys would enjoy the inspiration better than the destiny but I think we would love Half Moon Cay!! And getting to go to 3 different places sounds great! What to do!! I guess we will think about it a couple of days and see what the price difference ends up being!

Just make sure you decide by May 7th. Not sure exactly how the whole cancellation thing works, but on their webpage with the itinerary changes, it says you must cancel by that day.

If you don't want two days in GC, I would consider the Destiny. It's a bigger ship and many more balconies if there are any available. Not sure which itinerary the Destiny is on that week but if it's Cozumel, there will be a change. Probably Key West and Bahamas? Also, I wonder what the availability would be on a different ship?

Thanks for all the replies! We just really can not decide! We are going to call and see what the price difference would be and then go from there. It would be a little longer drive for us than Tampa. Half Moon Cay looks great! I just think my boys would like the waterworks area on the Inspiration. I just am not happy with the thought of two days in Caymen Islands! :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the replies! We just really can not decide! We are going to call and see what the price difference would be and then go from there. It would be a little longer drive for us than Tampa. Half Moon Cay looks great! I just think my boys would like the waterworks area on the Inspiration. I just am not happy with the thought of two days in Caymen Islands! :rolleyes:

I feel your pain gman because we are in the same boat! we are not sure if we want to do 2 days at Cayman either espcially since it is a hit or miss port depending on how rough the water is. Hubby and I did this cruise last year and missed cayman but that was due to hurricane gustav but we absolutly loved Cozumel and was looking forward to taking our kids there. Also, I think you kids would love the Inspiration! We loved the evolution of fun upgrades! It was one of the reason why we choose to repeat this particular cruise. Good luck with you decision! Its a hard one!

Personally I would switch. I know my kids would love the waterworks but I wouldn't risk rough water that could result on no port at all. Also I would LOVE to go to HMC and I know the kids would have a blast there, even more then they would have at waterworks on board. For me, if it's an affordable switch I would do it now before the ship sells out of the rooms you want.

Well we went ahead and change to the Destiny!! It was only a $75 difference and we felt to get to go to three different places was worth it!! I think the the boys can live without the waterworks! We go to waterparks alot so I want them to see some different places! Thanks for all your advice! Now I have to decide on what to do at the ports!

Well we went ahead and change to the Destiny!! It was only a $75 difference and we felt to get to go to three different places was worth it!! I think the the boys can live without the waterworks! We go to waterparks alot so I want them to see some different places! Thanks for all your advice! Now I have to decide on what to do at the ports!

Have a great time!

I feel your pain gman because we are in the same boat! we are not sure if we want to do 2 days at Cayman either espcially since it is a hit or miss port depending on how rough the water is. Hubby and I did this cruise last year and missed cayman but that was due to hurricane gustav but we absolutly loved Cozumel and was looking forward to taking our kids there. Also, I think you kids would love the Inspiration! We loved the evolution of fun upgrades! It was one of the reason why we choose to repeat this particular cruise. Good luck with you decision! Its a hard one!

Just something to consider: Grand Cayman is probably one of the most expensive ports you can visit in the caribbean. The dollar does not go very far there. I believe my wife and I ate there (hamburgers and a couple of beers) and it came out to near $50-$60!!!!!

Just something to consider: Grand Cayman is probably one of the most expensive ports you can visit in the caribbean. The dollar does not go very far there. I believe my wife and I ate there (hamburgers and a couple of beers) and it came out to near $50-$60!!!!!

EEEKK!!!! Not good. Well, I've been doing some big time researching trying find an alternative to this cruise but with 6ppl, time constraint (hubby in Navy and kids school testing),and the cost to start switching things over to something else my older kids and I (hubby is on a carrier right now) decided to just "Go with the flow" and stick with our 5/23 cruise. We did 3 sea days on our last cruise because of a hurricane and still had a good time so at if we end up with 4th we will just enjoy the time away from schools, jobs, frantic schedule and just being together as family. But, we may add a day pre cruise trip to busch gardens............Just to even things out a bit:D;)

This is very interesting. I just called Carnival to see if I switch my June 6th sailing on the Freedom (8 day western) to the June 6th sailing on the Liberty (7 day eastern) and was told it was not possible under the terms the rebooking credit program in place. Was told it had nothing to do with the room availability on the Liberty... there are rooms available. Was told I could rebook for another sailing on another date. Hmmmm. Thinking I better call them back.

This is very interesting. I just called Carnival to see if I switch my June 6th sailing on the Freedom (8 day western) to the June 6th sailing on the Liberty (7 day eastern) and was told it was not possible under the terms the rebooking credit program in place. Was told it had nothing to do with the room availability on the Liberty... there are rooms available. Was told I could rebook for another sailing on another date. Hmmmm. Thinking I better call them back.

I would try again, we had no trouble doing it!

We were able to do the same thing as well. We were scheduled out of Mobile on the 14th, and Cozumel was changed to Key West. I totally understand that this swine flu is beyond Carnival's control but we all really hated spending that much money to drive to Mobile then float to Key West. I know it's a cruise and there's a lot of things to do on the boat, and I know a bad day on a cruise is still better than a good day at work, but we rarely get to vacation so we wanted something, anything tropical. We actually switched to the Inspiration so we can go to Grand Caymans. Luckily I traveled our travel agent handled everything for us. Good luck!

Yes, you can switch, here is Carnival's condition:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/pdf/05-03-09/DE_4D_0514-061109gst.pdf

So, as long as you call before May 7th and let them know you are unhappy about itinerary changes, they'll switch you.

My personal advice? the 3 ports Grand Turk, Half moon and Nassau would be my #1 option!

We were able to change our 4-day cruise on the Imagination to a 5-day cruise on the Inspiration for an additional$13 We are actually looking forward to the 2 days in GC. I can't count the times I've wished for more time while in port so now I'll have it. One day SRC the next day Rum Point beach.

Archived