Rfs7672 or gs 1600

hndmn4wf

Could someone please tell me if I'm about to make a good choice here?

I have GS 1600 on Radience Of The Seas on the ninth deck but for $300.00 more I can upgrade to a Royal Family Suite room number 7672.

Both are corner afts. The RFS is above some of the night clubs and didn't know if it would be noisy. where as the GS is below the Windjammer.

Could anyone tell me what you would do?

Also if anyone has had the RFS (corner aft) above the nightclubs, could you tell me if you had any problems with hearing noises from below?

This will be an Alaska cruise that I have planned for the wife and I.

She doesn't know about the cruise yet. It's a surprise!

Thank you and have a good day!

If there are just two of you, then you should stick with GS 1600.

First, I've stayed in JS 1602 right next door and we didn't hear anything at all. If there is any noise it will be light and it will only be during the day.

Second, part of the "extra" space in the RFS is the extra bedroom and bathroom which you won't need if there are only 2 of you.

Unless there are more than 2 of you it is definitely NOT worth it to upgrade to the RFS.

I have stayed in the RFS on Radiance on deck 8, there are pictures in my webshots album, link below. I have seen the RFS on deck 7, and it is bigger in interior floor space then the deck 8 cabin, but the balcony is very shallow.

If you have 5 or 6 people the rfs is great, because there is alot of room to move around in the cabin. But it is not as nice as a GS, as the others said if there is just two of you no reason to change to the rfs.

Please be aware that there is little cover over the balcony in 1600. We were on deck 10 on the Radiance in Alaska and went into the cabin. The best aft cabin on 10 is 1100 which is a JS. The weather in Alaska can be "moist" and you will have no protection from the elements in 1600. You will definitely want a cover if you plan on using your balcony.

The noise issue for 7672 might be an issue on the night the ship's passengers celebrate Quest, but since you don't want to miss it anyway you should be fine the other evenings.

I hate to recommend a cabin on port or starboard but I'd rather have any other GS than 1600.

You should be able to do a search and find pictures of 1600. You can include any of the sisters, Jewel, Serenade or Brilliance. 1600 is identical on all of the Radiance class ships.

Thanks again everyone for your imput.

It looks like we may end up having either our granddaughter with us or her as well as daughter. We'll see. So I guess we'll have to go ahead and get the family suite.

I'm hearing the balcony is shallow, so its not really a very good/big balcony and is this balcony covered unlike gs 1600?

Does anyone have pics of this balcony in the RFS?

I wish I could help with the RFS on 7 but I have not been in any aft cabins except those on deck 10 and 9256 which also is covered.

I know there are scads of pictures of the aft cabins so just enter a search here on CC or try googling on the web. There is a paid sight that would have the pictures but you don't need to do that.

Good luck. BTW any of the grand suites are large enough for three. They all have a sofa bed.

Archived