Water Package?????

I recently read a RCCL ship review (can't remember what ship now) and the wife bought a water package. It's supposed to be just like the soda card, only for bottled water. Anyone ever heard of such a thing? Just wondering if it's something new.

There was a water package available on Independence when we sailed in February and I picked up a flyer on it. Not sure if it is fleetwide yet and I was told it was fairly new on Independence. I think ours was the second sailing that it was offered.

The bottles are 1 liter bottles so they are twice the size of your "regular" bottle. The normal price per bottle is $3.50 (for comparison).

Here are the package prices:

8 bottles - $22.40 ($2.80 per bottle)

12 bottles - $31.50 ($2.63 per bottle)

16 bottles - $39.20 ($2.45 per bottle)

24 bottles - $54.60 ($2.28 per bottle)

15% gratuity will be added to each package.

ETA: It's not like the soda card in that you order a specific number of bottles and they are delivered to your cabin. I believe on our sailing you only had until the 2nd day to order so you had to decide early if you were going to do it and you couldn't purchase another package later if you ran out. We didn't use it but that's my understanding of how it worked.

It must be new---never heard of it! And why you'd want to spend money on water, when the ship's water is fine...I don't know!

I agree the ships water is fine, and we always drink it with meals, but I would like the convenience of carrying a water bottle at times rather than a glass with ice and was just curious about what I heard. I shouldn't have to explain why. The real question is why do some people have to be so negative when just asking a question? :rolleyes: Plus, you didn't answer my questions anyway! :p

if you like the idea of a water bottle why not take a filled on on board with you & re use that one. I did this last year on the Navigator. I also used it to take away juices on morn for days we went out & about.

We bring large mouth insulated bottles. They hold about a litre. We fill them with ice and filtered water from the drink station , same place you get iced tea or lemonade in the windjammer.The water is better than the bottled water you have to buy. Save your money. Buy a nice sports bottle. Just keep track of it.

Up until this last cruise - Quest to Asia I would have agreed with most of you that the ships water is fine but I asume due to measures in place to combat the Noro from the week before not only did the water taste terrible but it also caused me heartburn something awful. This got better almost instantly the moment we changed to bottled water - a completely new experience for us

Archived