I've got a poor man's aft!!!

geovet

I've never seen one but we LOVE being in the back of the ship. I'm just wondering if you will look directly back or if they are saying it's an aft because it's NEAR the back of the ship? In any case - enjoy the light that your porthole will bring to your room and if you are in a true aft the view of the ship's wake is mesmerizing. Have fun!!!

I've never seen one but we LOVE being in the back of the ship. I'm just wondering if you will look directly back or if they are saying it's an aft because it's NEAR the back of the ship? In any case - enjoy the light that your porthole will bring to your room and if you are in a true aft the view of the ship's wake is mesmerizing. Have fun!!!

I'm thinking it's the aft part of the ship. I would think that all the true aft rooms would be balcony.

This is not a porthole room, she upgraded to a full window. We also had the aft oceanview and it was great! I loved it better in the back as you can see forever!!

Have fun and a great deal!

with the price drop, i upgraded for 50 bucks each from a 4a port hole to a 6e ov aft. No balcony but got the view. Hope its nice. Any one have a picture of one?:D:D:D

Their are 5 or 6 Direct AFT Cabins across the Back of that Empress Deck on Inspiration. My friend had one one deck down on the UPPER DECK and it was nice. The window is big enough for a full size adult to sit up in if you got one of those TRUE AFT CABINS.:D

This is a true aft full window. My original book was for a port hole room. Then my wife said she was afraid of getting sea sick. When the price dropped today, i mad the switch. By the way, i was on the phone for 1.5 hrs. They are busy!!!!

We were on the Freedom a couple weeks ago with aft ocean views, main deck. It was awesome, we used the shelf on the window to keep our suitcase, then I could toss stuff into it. Plus it seemed like more room, had a sofa for the first time, plenty of storage space. It was configured more like the balcony rooms I've been in, sure seemed roomier than an inside!! Only downside, it gets noisy at times when they are using the thrusters or something. Didn't bother me too much, I was exhausted most of the time from all my activities!!

Tina

with the price drop, i upgraded for 50 bucks each from a 4a port hole to a 6e ov aft. No balcony but got the view. Hope its nice. Any one have a picture of one?:D:D:D

Cool Upgrade, what ship is it?

Fred

• 1 month later...

I am thinking about the 5 day Coz/GC route next year. I understand the "center 6" afts are the one with the larger window, but is the wake view that different between the Empress and Upper decks? Or Main Deck?

Are the windows usually clean enough to enjoy the view?

Is there alot of vibration? Are the cabins slightly bigger?

Was planning a whole family trip. Any difference in the M-F route time vs the W/E included route time as far as ports go? (such as places closed on Sunday? Was planning either June 5 (starts Friday) or June 14 (Monday) 2010.

Thanks for all the advice in advance!

Jacquelyn :D

Just wanted to add my pictures of our room from the Valor. It was a 6D but all the way aft and the window was SO BIG!! I would climb in it and be able to see directly down to the water.

CaribbeanCruise-May2009-034.jpg

It was a great place to keep all the towel animals during the cruise!

IMG_1552.jpg

ETA: Sorry. I didn't see the post till after I posted my reply that the ship being talked about is the Imagination. Different configuration than the Valor (Fantasy class vs. Conquest class). My bad!

We had one on the Fascination last year. It was pretty cool to look out to the back of the ship. It was on the Upper Deck. The window was the same size as the usual OV window's we have on the Fantasy class ships. They have always been big enough to sit on length ways and enjoy the view. We usually are mid-ship, though. Our windows have always been clean enough to see out of.

We just got back from the Inspiration and had a great time. You will really enjoy it. :)

I've had aft cabins on the Fascination and Imagination and I love them. Here's a pic of cabin E244 on the Imagination.

IMG_3674.jpg.68311aeb138a4c76776d9dd69fa149c5.jpg

Madelene

I had the poor man's aft last month. We really enjoyed the view. There was some vibrations which would come and go. Got use to it. No problem with motion. The window was not clean but could see well.

We have a poor man's aft on the Fascination this September! Woohoo! I'm glad to see pics of these rooms!

I really liked these cabins. It felt larger to me, and as someone else mentioned, the window ledge is large enough to sit on. On the Imagination, I was right across the hall from a staircase that took me up two flights to the Serenity area, and up one more to Lido. (one flight up, aft, is a crew area) I don't remember that staircase being open to passengers on the Fascination though. I love the aft balcony cabins -- I've had them on the Miracle and Freedom (and coming up on the Dream and Victory) -- but since these smaller ships don't have aft balconies, the aft OV cabins are the next best thing.

Madelene

Archived