Informal, country club casual ????

We are on the Mariner Alaska Sept. 9. Can't find anywhere on the new site where it states dress for dinner. Is it CC casual all nights? Thought it was on my invoice on my past cruises, but it is not on this one.

Is that new for 2009? We had one "informal" night on our June 2008 cruise.

I read it somewhere -- don't know for sure. Our Alaska cruise was 11 nights - we had a "formal" and "informal" night (May 2008). If Regent expects people to pack for an "informal" night, it would be a good idea to make sure the passengers are aware of it.

Just getting tired of things being messed up because of their computer system. This has been going on for months.

We are booked on that cruise and my understanding is that the dress for the entire cruise is country club casual with one informal night. I, frankly, don't understand the difference between country club casual and informal, but I am delighted that we don't have to pack formal clothes for a trip to Alaska!

We are booked on that cruise and my understanding is that the dress for the entire cruise is country club casual with one informal night. I, frankly, don't understand the difference between country club casual and informal, but I am delighted that we don't have to pack formal clothes for a trip to Alaska!

Men have to wear jackets for "informal" -- they don't for country club casual. The worst (packing wise) is when you have "informal" and "formal".:rolleyes:

I seldom see gentlemen in the dining room at dinner without jackets, whether it's "CCC" or "informal".

What cruise line are you referring to? On the rssc cruises I've done, just a few men wear a jacket or suit when it's CCC.

As for informal and formal for the men, since David wears his suit jacket as a blazer on informal nights, it makes not a whit of difference in the packing. Of course, I'd like to see CCC all the time.

This is all so confusing! I will be on the Aug. 19th Mariner Alaskan cruise. I've heard that it will be 7 nights of CCC, and I've now heard that it will have 6 CCC nights and one informal. I guess I'll have to wait and read some of the reviews for this cruise to find out what to wear. Unless it's posted on their website, which I haven't found as of yet. This is our first cruise on Regent.

At our country club we see men usually wearing their golf shirts or Tommy Bahama's in the casual grill area. Some men do wear sports coats or even suits, all the time. My husband is definitely taking a sports coat on this cruise, so he will be covered for an informal night.

Anyhoo, I'm very excited about this cruise! My TA raves about this ship.

The ship is wonderful -- Regent is just a bit confused at the moment. They launched a new website this year and have yet to add dress codes. If you are using a TA, have them check for you. Otherwise, give Regent a call -- they can provide you with the information.

parisbully, I have a couple of friends on your cruise (AnnaB. and Down Under). Check out the cruise under Roll Call. They will be happy to help you -- they have both been on multiple Regent cruises (plus, they are a lot of fun!);)

I'm assuming the final travel docs will include the dress code schedule - but given we're dining in Signatures one night we'll be packing for at least one informal night so it doesn't really matter to us - although the fewer informal nights the better -just from a comfort standpoint :-).

BTW we're on the 6/10 sailing and have yet to receive final travel docs -I will be calling our TA (my MIL) next week if we have still received nothing - I hear now they come directly from Regent instead of Regent->TA->me. We had faxed Regent our updated guest information forms months ago (since at the time I could not submit them on the new web site) but then noticed they had only updated some of our changes and our forms were showing incomplete online - so we then updated them AGAIN on the web site last week (since now the web site lets us do that) - I wonder if that is what is delaying the final docs. We're used to getting them within a week of final payment which was over a month ago.

Just getting their docs for 5/20? That's cutting it kind of close, isn't it? I thought that Regent was issuing them earlier than they used to! It used to be about 4 weeks.

Well, we're under 4 weeks now for our Alaska trip, and no docs yet.

-- Eric

Thinking back, it's been as little as 3 weeks, but that was when the TA got the docs first, then they had to check them, then send them on.

I might be inclined to phone somebody. For our last trip in December, they sent the docs to an old address, and when it got corrected, they lost the docs completely and had to resend them.

There is no mention of the dress code for each evening with the docs. The old web site had the second night of the cruise as informal and the rest as country club casual. I printed it out when I booked our cruise prior to the new web site being online. Pierce

Thinking back, it's been as little as 3 weeks, but that was when the TA got the docs first, then they had to check them, then send them on. I might be inclined to phone somebody. For our last trip in December, they sent the docs to an old address, and when it got corrected, they lost the docs completely and had to resend them.

With the new computer system, passengers have reported that Regent sends the docs directly to passengers, not to TAs to forward. And our TA did check with me a few weeks ago specifically to verify the address the docs would be sent to. I figure Regent has had their hands full between the computer conversion and then all the re-scheduling due to the Voyager mess, so I'll give them another week or 10 days or so before I bug anyone about them. In this era of mostly-ticketless air travel, I'm not sure why there are still paper docs at all for most cruises...

There is no mention of the dress code for each evening with the docs. The old web site had the second night of the cruise as informal and the rest as country club casual. I printed it out when I booked our cruise prior to the new web site being online.

Interesting; I too had figured the dress code would be included with the docs. I'd suggest checking with Regent, because they've made enough changes in recent months that I wouldn't assume the information from the old web site is still accurate. And I'll wait for you first Alaska cruisers of the season to report back on the dress code so I know what we need to pack for two weeks later! :)

-- Eric

If those of you who live in the US are confused about Regent dress codes, then pity us English passengers who don't even know what "county club casual" means! Its not a term which is used here. I would have thought it was the same as what we call "smart casual" which really means no jeans, beach wear or anything too outrageous. Then again, here informal means jeans are OK while from what I read on this forum "informal" for you folks, is more formal than "country club casual" - see why I'm confused?

We haven't yet received our documents for the 3rd June sailing so don't know if they will give any guidance. I love to dress up, but in this case A formal night would mean we have to bring clothes which would be worn on only one night in our entire 2 week trip, which does seem a bit unnecessary.

If those of you who live in the US are confused about Regent dress codes, then pity us English passengers who don't even know what "county club casual" means! Its not a term which is used here. I would have thought it was the same as what we call "smart casual" which really means no jeans, beach wear or anything too outrageous. Then again, here informal means jeans are OK while from what I read on this forum "informal" for you folks, is more formal than "country club casual" - see why I'm confused?

We haven't yet received our documents for the 3rd June sailing so don't know if they will give any guidance. I love to dress up, but in this case A formal night would mean we have to bring clothes which would be worn on only one night in our entire 2 week trip, which does seem a bit unnecessary.

The dress code designations to not make sense in "American" English either. "Informal" would be less formal than "country club casual" (similiar to the U.K.). "Country club casual" would include golf shirts which is specifically mentioned by Regent as something than should not be worn.

We did not receive dress codes with our documents a couple of months ago, nor are people who have recently received documents. You might call your Travel Agent or call Regent -- hopefully they can tell you.

Typically on two week sailings, there are two "formal" nights (at least that is how it was in the past).

Let us know when you receive the information.

The dress code designations to not make sense in "American" English either. "Informal" would be less formal than "country club casual" (similiar to the U.K.). "Country club casual" would include golf shirts which is specifically mentioned by Regent as something than should not be worn.

Ok, now I AM confused... and I thought that I was pretty good at US/English translation... :)

We are on a Regent Alaskan cruise in July, which - I understand - should be "Country Club Casual" all (or 6 out of 7) nights... I was ASSUMING that "chinos" and "polo shirt" would be ok for the husband and either a nice dress of white troussers and smart top would be ok for me... That is not the case? If not, does anyone have a description of what "Country Club Casual" actually is on Regent (and how it translates to a couple in their mid-30s)?

We will do Signatures and I was planning to go fairly formal (suit, shirt and tie and a fairly dressy dress for me... not cocktail dress, but smart).

I like to dress "appropriately" if that makes sense :)

Thanks

Boo

Ok, now I AM confused... and I thought that I was pretty good at US/English translation... :)

We are on a Regent Alaskan cruise in July, which - I understand - should be "Country Club Casual" all (or 6 out of 7) nights... I was ASSUMING that "chinos" and "polo shirt" would be ok for the husband and either a nice dress of white troussers and smart top would be ok for me... That is not the case? If not, does anyone have a description of what "Country Club Casual" actually is on Regent (and how it translates to a couple in their mid-30s)?

We will do Signatures and I was planning to go fairly formal (suit, shirt and tie and a fairly dressy dress for me... not cocktail dress, but smart).

I like to dress "appropriately" if that makes sense :)

Thanks

Boo

Boo -

I don't think you are too far off. I think that a nice polo shirt and chinos would be OK, but anything less would be out (jeans, tees, etc).

I think you have Signatures figured out as well. I'm not sure I will even wear a tie...probably just a sport coat, but we'll see.

I'm sure that you and your DH will be entirely appropriate!

Cheers!

I was completely flumoxed by these definitions the first few times I criused as well. I do not frequent country clubs, for sure.

And to make it worse, "informal" means "somewhat less formal than formal"!

In a nutshell:

CCC: slacks and shirts (with buttons) for men; pant outfits, skirts or casual dresses for women; no jeans

informal: jacket for men, no tie required but fine; pant suits, cocktail dresses, sun dresses, tops and skirts for women; no jeans

formal: dark suit or tuxedo for men; same as above for women, more glitz welcome; no jeans

Archived