Canadian bank cc in US dollars

jspirit

Did a search but need more recent replies:

With a Canadian bank credit card which is a US dollar account, if I use this for my onboard expenses, then I should check off the box B on the Xpress pass form, correct?

Do they honour that and bill in US dollars, or are they still messing up and charging the conversion rate?

Has anyone experienced this in the past few months?

Thank you!

Did a search but need more recent replies:

With a Canadian bank credit card which is a US dollar account, if I use this for my onboard expenses, then I should check off the box B on the Xpress pass form, correct?

Do they honour that and bill in US dollars, or are they still messing up and charging the conversion rate?

Has anyone experienced this in the past few months?

Thank you!

YES!

When I make out the express card I always set up a cash account and then change it to the US$ CC when on board. They have messed it up more often than doing it without still converting. When you get your first account statement check to see if it lists conversion rates... then you'll know they did it wrong. As long as you have a foreign address the account seems to be set up the way they wish not according to a simple check mark. As you can gather, we have had major "discussions" about this topic with Celebrity.:rolleyes:

"We" all (includes me) have had discussions about this and they still seem to get it wrong. So although I may not go to the extent of setting up the cash account I certainly would check at the first opportunity with "Guest Services" when you get on board regardless of how you checked off the box.

Yep - happens to me every sailing. All I do is get a hold of Master Card and dispute the bill (enclosing photocopies of the Celebrity bills) and in time it gets processed the correct way. It doesn't seem to matter what you tick off on that form - I think they see that you are Cdn and just do the conversion automatically without a second thought. On my last cruise I had the agent that checked us in sign and initial that a conversion will not happen and it still did. I think if everyone disputes their bill then Celebrity will eventually get it right.

I wouldn't go the last night..it can be very busy. Just check after a couple days onboard and they will tell you and correct it. If it needs correcting, check in a couple of days.

works for me

Thank you to everyone who replied. That thread had some good tips, too, so thanks, Phil for the link.

Looks like it's a good idea to either pay off the bill in cash near the end of the cruise, or use the US dollar cc before the last day and pay it off while still on board.

Really- why can't they just read the forms properly after all these errors???

Archived