Final Payment

cruzemaven

Our final payment is due next week. Will Azamara refund the difference, if the price goes down after the final payment? It appears that our cruise is far from being sold out. Just wondering if they don't refund a reduction, would it be more prudent to cancel now and then rebook as we get closer....I know there might be a slight risk...but I think most cabins will still be available.

We paid in full and when I saw the rates go down, I called my TA and she got us a refund very quickly, back on our credit card within a week.:D

I was very impressed with Azamara, as opposed to when we took Oceania last year. When I went to pay for our trip on my credit card through my TA, even though Oceania had a office in Miami,FL, they ran it like I made a CC charge in Europe and I was charge almost $300 by my CC company, as a foreign purchase. After raising alot of heck through my TA, they gave me an on-board credit for the $300. What a pain that was.:p

Oceania has been doing this to people for at least 5 years. If they wanted to fix it, they would have years ago. Some people live with it, some get shipboard credit, and others get the amount credited back to their charge cards. There is a lively discussion about this right now on the Oceania board. People are not happy, with good reason.

We've been on 3 Oceania cruises, but we've switched to Azamara and are quite happy.

Yes, it is the credit card company that puts on the fee but it is because Oceania put it through a foreign location. Oceania knows what they are doing-somehow it is financially benefical to them and only the complainers get their money back-like me!:D

LHT28, of course it is the credit card company imposing the fee.

HOWEVER, people booking a cruise with a company based in Miami Florida USA do not expect, nor should they be subject to, a fee based on a foreign currency transaction that they make without their knowledge.

The money Oceania makes by doing this must more than make up for the bad publicity they get (and the credits they issue) because of it. It's a business decision that they've had lots of time to rethink if they wanted to.

LHT28, of course it is the credit card company imposing the fee.

The subject has been beaten to death on the O forum.

I agree that people should not be charged the fee

Consumers should complain to the CC companies it is just greed on their part

nuff said!

Lyn

Yes, it is the credit card company that puts on the fee but it is because Oceania put it through a foreign location. Oceania knows what they are doing-somehow it is financially benefical to them and only the complainers get their money back-like me!:D

from what I have read anyone who was charged the fee can receive an OBC or refund from O

They just get their TA to contact Oceania.

No need to complain

Lyn

Hi,

I was refunded $400 this week by Azamara right to my credit card. Our cabin went down in price and we were paid in full. They are great about refunding money to the customer.

Sheila

Archived