Oct SWA fares, some have dropped

TakeMeAway1001

Is it really necessary to start a thread noting that some fares may have dropped on a given airline? It happens all day, everyday. This board would be nothing but reminders...

It got your attention, if you don't care to read it then do yourself a favor and don't~

If we removed all threads that SOME deemed inappropriate for the boards we would not have much left to read. If some of you are SO concerned with board clutter then why not sign up to be a moderator, CC said they need help.

I helped someone save a few dollars and that makes me happy, I am glad I could help. Some of you spend so much time nitpicking others that IMO your replies do nothing more than clog up the boards, why is it so hard to bypass a thread that doesn't interest you?? Lets leave the moderating up to the moderators, if it doesn't bother them it shouldn't bother you.

Keith thanks for your kind words :)

If some of you are SO concerned with board clutter then why not sign up to be a moderator, CC said they need help.

I'd be happy to do that, but I'm more of the "nuts and bolts reality" mold -- not the "everyone's got an opinion that's equally valid" type. So I don't think CC would want me as a mod. But I'll keep looking in my inbox for word that they actually would accept me.

WOW :eek: When I first came to the cruise air boards I learned a wealth of information about cruise air and air travel in general. Much of it was from the "experts" that contribute regularly on here. I don't see very many of those helpful posts that remind travelers to cross pack or to include itinerary schedules in their luggage or to keep a list of plan B flights for a just in case situation type posts these days. I see snarky replies that serve no purpose other than to deter posters that are simply trying to be helpful.

Many of us have learned that this board is tame compared to the other "expert flyers" type board the experts are familiar posters on. Since this is a cruise air board and not a "frequent flyer" type board any post relevant to cruising is appropriate.

The regular cruise boards often have posts alerting others that fares have gone down. It serves as a reminder to those of us that have forgotten to check or perhaps those that are new and don't know to check for fare drops.

Until my last cruise I had no idea that South West had so many drops nor that the prices could drop several times resulting in multiple credits for future flights. A kind fellow cruiser shared her experience with us which reminded me to check my flights. Sure enough I had a price drop and now have a credit. More than likely I will not use that credit but it's nice knowing it's there if I need it. Had I not thought to do that the OP's post would have served as a reminder to me.

With so many people unwilling to help each other in today's society why is it so wrong for someone willing to take time out of their day to remind those that care to read it to check for price drops?

When Us Air made changes to beverage and snack services that was discussed at great length while it may have been irrelevant to someone like myself it was relevant to others. When a poster comes asking about open jaw flights or international routes those too have no impact on many of us but we simply move on recognizing that it IS important to the person posting.

It's sad when the every day cruiser can't come to a board and share information without getting a lecture on relevance. Honestly I think this has more to do with the fact it's a Southwest discussion than anything else! Since it seems to be the taboo airline anything to do with it gets a negative reaction on here!!

As for this comment :

"Too many unnecessary questions (and too many narcissistic rants) by people who are too stupid/lazy/inconsiderate/selfish to think before they post."

Is this supposed to be helpful to ANYONE?? Basically that leaves just a few posters "qualified" enough to grace this board? Sorry but I'd rather have a fellow cruiser ask a simple question and be able to receive a simple answer without being labled as any of the above. Again this is a cruise air board not an expert elite status only board~! :rolleyes:

When Us Air made changes to beverage and snack services that was discussed at great length while it may have been irrelevant to someone like myself it was relevant to others. When a poster comes asking about open jaw flights or international routes those too have no impact on many of us but we simply move on recognizing that it IS important to the person posting.
There's a world of difference between a discussion about a change in policy of that nature, which happens infrequently; and an everyday occurrence like a reduction in fares. As G'ma has just posted in another thread, airlines make something like 50,000 changes to their fares every day. So the fare for your date of travel has gone down? Well, guess what? It's no big deal. You've got lucky.

Maybe I should post a new thread every time British Airways and Qantas starts a sale. That would account for an average of about one new thread a week. Would you be happy with that? After all, you don't have to read them if they're not relevant.

As for this comment :

"Too many unnecessary questions (and too many narcissistic rants) by people who are too stupid/lazy/inconsiderate/selfish to think before they post."

Is this supposed to be helpful to ANYONE?

If you'd bothered to read properly what I wrote, you'd have understood that I was describing another board, not CC.

But you know what? Things have got so bad on that board that many of the long-time members have now left and taken their expertise with them off to other places. That particular board, which used to be the world's greatest repository of publicly-available information about that airline, is fragmenting because there are too many irrelevant and unnecessary things being posted. But maybe you think that's a good thing.

Board clutter - particularly with repetitive posts of dubious value, and particularly when they're posted in new threads - is bad for everyone, even if you don't read the cluttering threads.Are you referring to the one where I first met you? If so, I haven't been back there for months myself, for the same reason: Too many unnecessary questions (and too many narcissistic rants) by people who are too stupid/lazy/inconsiderate/selfish to think before they post.

That'd be the one...Most of my IBB surfing tends to be in phases. I'll stick around somewhere as a regular for a few months, maybe a year or two and then move on when things get stale and repetitive. I thought that site was one I'd really stick around for, alas the shelf life of it was just a little longer than I tend to be able to bear...

It got your attention, if you don't care to read it then do yourself a favor and don't~

Yes, but only because in my eyes it was little more than board clutter.

Dust is annoying too but I need to give it attention and sweep it away to get rid of it.

That'd be the one...Most of my IBB surfing tends to be in phases. I'll stick around somewhere as a regular for a few months, maybe a year or two and then move on when things get stale and repetitive. I thought that site was one I'd really stick around for, alas the shelf life of it was just a little longer than I tend to be able to bear...

Yes, but only because in my eyes it was little more than board clutter.

Dust is annoying too but I need to give it attention and sweep it away to get rid of it.

Yawn! How ironic that one who complains of board clutter continues to create it, I feel for you I truly do

Yawn! How ironic that one who complains of board clutter continues to create it, I feel for you I truly do

There's a difference between complaining about cluttering the board with duplicate and triplicate threads covering whatever topic and rambling on in one thread. I'm happy to let people discuss the price of cucumbers in one thread across 8000 posts if they wish, because on the board page I only see one thread and that's easily ignored. If I see 1000 threads each of 8 posts discuss legume economics that is clutter. IBB 101.

Archived