Perfume in the Duty Free Shops

I was interested in purchasing some perfume (French/Italian) in the duty free shop either on board or at a port. When I last crusied to Mexico, the prices in the duty free shop on board were higher than Macy's or Nordstroms, for cosmetics and perfumes. Does anyone know what is the best way to actually get perfume duty free? Thanks.

I have found that many items at Duty Free shops in airports cost more money than I can pay home. Occasionally an item on sale on a cruise ship has OK prices. Now that our sales tax in California is so high, the prices may start to look better in duty free shops.

"Duties" on most items in most countries are not as high as they once were. Also, luxury goods (such as perfumes, purses, etc) are more commonly discounted than they used to be. With these two trends, duty-free items aren't always a good deal anymore. You have to really know the merchandise in order to know whether you are really saving money or whether you can find the same item cheaper elsewhere.

As a rule of thumb just figure your purchase without the sales tax as being your "duty free"...gnerally you can get it for less in the US,but if unusual type check it out. Also,check out the perfume shops in the ports if you have time sometimes you can find a good deal just as you can here.If you are looking for these type shops thye are seperate from the pharmacies as we know them as the pharms have the green cross..just an FYI in case.:)

Archived